As per usual, our weekend was pretty busy - especially with it being a 3-day weekend. We took full advantage of it!
Starting not long after I got off work for the week...
Friday Night Football
Springfield High (my old stomping grounds) was having it's first game of the season. We met up with my mom, Lizzy and a couple of her friends. I made sure Ethan was in his blue and white best - he opted for the bright blue Lightning McQueen shirt to go over the white tee!
Great game! The Millers came from behind and were ahead right up until the end of the 4th quarter when Dallas tied it up. They went into OT and Springfield had the ball first. They scored and got the extra point. Then Dallas went next and they got a touchdown, but tried for the 2-point conversion and didn't make it which meant... Springfield won!!! Final score: 28 to 27.
Oh, and score! I caught both a free t-shirt and a free mini football!!
Saturday Morning Breakfast and Afternoon Bargains
Saturday morning Sean treated Ethan and I to a waffle breakfast. Mmm, mmm, mmm! We mainly just hung around the house cleaning, relaxing and catching up.
After his nap, Ethan and I picked up Lizzy and headed over to Old Navy to see if they had any good end-of-summer clearance sales. Um, not really. We did get a couple pairs of shorts and a long-sleeve fire truck tee (I'm realizing I don't have as many long-sleeve tees lined up for Ethan as I thought I did!) and also his costume! I know, crazy early, right? Well, not really. Last year I decided what I wanted Ethan to be, but by the time I went to buy the costume (on October 1st!) they were sold out in the stores and online. Luckily he made a dang-cute bat, but that is not what I had planned on and was in a bit of a panic there for a while. So this year I went ahead and just snatched it up early. What is it? You'll just have to wait and see!
Saturday Night Pizza at Chuck E. Cheese
Ethan already loves to go to Chuck E. Cheese... The games, the rides, but especially just running around and taking it all in. So after shopping, Lizzy, Ethan and I met Sean and Tory [I had sent him a text asking if he'd like to join us at Charles E. Cheddar's] for pizza and games.
We hang on to the coupons from the paper, so we got a great combo deal with pizza, drinks and game tokens. Ethan found a new love for the kid-size air hockey table and a few other games. 

Sean always likes to stick with the skee ball and a few random games. Lizzy tries it all. Tory played a couple basketball, street ball and skee ball tournaments. And we all tried the Raging Ape voltage test! 

Our big wins of the night, though, came when both Sean and I won the max tickets in the Deal or No Deal game. Check out our ticket strand!
We always go late, after 8pm, so we miss the crowds and almost have the place to ourselves. Sooo much nicer!
Sunday Family BBQ and Pit Party
Sunday was church and then we had my family and Tory over for one last BBQ dinner. Of course, there were downpours off and on all day Sunday, but it cleared up just enough to let Sean outside to grill us up some yummy burgers (or veggie burgers in my dad's case) in addition to the pasta salad, chips and apple cinnamon cake concoction I had made. Basically like girls camp dump cake, but with apple pie filling and my "secret ingredient" (ie Sprite) to add a little more liquid to the mixture. It baked up wonderfully and was quite tasty! After dinner and Ethan was in bed, we played several rounds of the card game Pit and then one round of one our new favorite group games, Cranium Hoopla. It always gets us laughing! We especially love when Tory has to act something out! ;)
Stay tuned for Labor Day Weekend: part 2... what we did on Monday!
Great game! The Millers came from behind and were ahead right up until the end of the 4th quarter when Dallas tied it up. They went into OT and Springfield had the ball first. They scored and got the extra point. Then Dallas went next and they got a touchdown, but tried for the 2-point conversion and didn't make it which meant... Springfield won!!! Final score: 28 to 27.
Oh, and score! I caught both a free t-shirt and a free mini football!!
Saturday Morning Breakfast and Afternoon Bargains
Saturday morning Sean treated Ethan and I to a waffle breakfast. Mmm, mmm, mmm! We mainly just hung around the house cleaning, relaxing and catching up.
After his nap, Ethan and I picked up Lizzy and headed over to Old Navy to see if they had any good end-of-summer clearance sales. Um, not really. We did get a couple pairs of shorts and a long-sleeve fire truck tee (I'm realizing I don't have as many long-sleeve tees lined up for Ethan as I thought I did!) and also his costume! I know, crazy early, right? Well, not really. Last year I decided what I wanted Ethan to be, but by the time I went to buy the costume (on October 1st!) they were sold out in the stores and online. Luckily he made a dang-cute bat, but that is not what I had planned on and was in a bit of a panic there for a while. So this year I went ahead and just snatched it up early. What is it? You'll just have to wait and see!Saturday Night Pizza at Chuck E. Cheese
Ethan already loves to go to Chuck E. Cheese... The games, the rides, but especially just running around and taking it all in. So after shopping, Lizzy, Ethan and I met Sean and Tory [I had sent him a text asking if he'd like to join us at Charles E. Cheddar's] for pizza and games.

We hang on to the coupons from the paper, so we got a great combo deal with pizza, drinks and game tokens. Ethan found a new love for the kid-size air hockey table and a few other games. 

Sean always likes to stick with the skee ball and a few random games. Lizzy tries it all. Tory played a couple basketball, street ball and skee ball tournaments. And we all tried the Raging Ape voltage test! 

Our big wins of the night, though, came when both Sean and I won the max tickets in the Deal or No Deal game. Check out our ticket strand!
We always go late, after 8pm, so we miss the crowds and almost have the place to ourselves. Sooo much nicer!Sunday Family BBQ and Pit Party
Sunday was church and then we had my family and Tory over for one last BBQ dinner. Of course, there were downpours off and on all day Sunday, but it cleared up just enough to let Sean outside to grill us up some yummy burgers (or veggie burgers in my dad's case) in addition to the pasta salad, chips and apple cinnamon cake concoction I had made. Basically like girls camp dump cake, but with apple pie filling and my "secret ingredient" (ie Sprite) to add a little more liquid to the mixture. It baked up wonderfully and was quite tasty! After dinner and Ethan was in bed, we played several rounds of the card game Pit and then one round of one our new favorite group games, Cranium Hoopla. It always gets us laughing! We especially love when Tory has to act something out! ;)
Stay tuned for Labor Day Weekend: part 2... what we did on Monday!
7 comments:
Fun fun fun fun! I am sad I missed the game! That would have been awesome! I still haven't been to chuck e cheeses....it looks fun though!
Go Millers! I think it would be so fun to go back to one of the games. Anika is a freshman this year, so maybe I can use her as an excuse.
That sounds like so much fun. I need to find more things to do, our life is sooo boring! It's hard when you have three little kids to tote around, it seems easier to just stay home and play.
Looks like you had an awesome weekend! That is cool that you got the t-shirt and football. BBQ are always fun!
Hmm funny. It doesn't seem to be mentioned that I mopped the floor with you in basketball my friend. Ha ha!
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call it "mopping the floor" Tory. Nice try though. I did beat you in a round of the regular hoops - our first game. Funny how you forgot that minor detail. But yes, you did beat me pretty bad in the street ball game - course, you weren't chasing basketballs halfway across Charles E. Cheddar's either. That made a bit of a difference. ;)
I wasn't chasing basketballs because I was demonstrating superior ball-handling skill.
Post a Comment