Friday, October 21, 2011

Uhh... Ditto to the last post.

Seriously. In my mind I have only neglected our blog for a couple days. A week tops. Not the whole freakin' month!! I am so embarrassed and must. catch. up!!!

This week was a little different, though. Ethan and I were at my family's house for a couple days and their computer hates my SD picture card so there was really no point in trying to upload any pictures for a new post. Plus, we were busy visiting with friends, grandparents, my aunt, my sister, etc. AND it was my parents' birthday. AND my beloved Grandma Mary had a mini/minor stroke and gave us a bit of a scare. She is doing good now, but did have to stay in the hospital 2 nights. I was bummed to not get to spend more time with her and try to redeem myself in another game of Rummy. My mom and I both lost to her last time!!

Let's see... I finally got my book ['Matched'] back from Lizzy. Got it for my birthday in May, but was right in the middle of a couple different series. Then I let Lizzy borrow it for their road trip in August and now I finally have it back!! And I am only 100 pages from the end. And it's been nice to have something to read. I took a good month+ break after reading The Help and I have been anxious to read something new. I think this will bring me up to 12 books read this year. That's pretty much a record in recent years! And I've still got several I'd like to read this year. I think next up is 'City of Bones' - especially because I saw the other books in the series at Costco last time for less than $7 each.

I have been busy working on Christmas gifts, ideas, etc. It feels good to actually be ahead of the game - usually I don't really start planning until November. This year I already know what I am doing and just need to get supplies. We're (I'm) doing a lot of homemade this year... partly because I love what I found and have the know-how to do it and partly to keep the cost low. Funds are tight... again. And we want to be able to make the drive down to visit Sean's family in SoCal. And that means sticking to a budget.

This weekend we don't really have any plans. I'm sure we'll do something. The Duck game is tomorrow at 12:30pm and Sean has some sort of Elders Quorum breakfast/football thing in the morning. We already went to the Pumpkin Patch {pictures to come... I promise!} so I'm sure our pumpkins will probably be carved within the next few days. Other than that, our Primary Program is on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed that Ethan can make it through all of Sacrament without any major fits and {if we're really luck} will actually get up and say his part. No promises!

Signing off for now... Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you enjoy the new Fall-inspired blog header and background!!

No comments: