Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Survival

I love Spring.

I love Easter.

I love celebrating Ethan's birthday.

I don't love taxes.

Unfortunately for me, all three often are within just a couple weeks of each other.

And it didn't help that Easter and Ethan's birthday fell back-to-back (and right after we got home from Cali!) this year - just how it did the year he was born. And then there was a party to plan. So, last week consisted of:

Easter Sunday: church, hosting/preparing Easter dinner
Monday: Ethan's birthday, job interview (more on that later), errands, dinner at Red Robin
Tuesday: Ethan started swimming lessons, more errands
Wednesday: cleaning house, party prep, more errands
Thursday: Ethan's swimming lessons, more party prep, mutual/activity days
Friday: more house cleaning, even more party prep, watching 5 kids (from two different families) for two busy moms
Saturday: Ethan's birthday party with 9 kids ages (almost) 4 to 6
Sunday again: church, dinner at a friends' house
Monday again: doing all my friends' dishes at our house because their sink backed up, finishing up taxes
Tuesday again: Ethan's swimming lessons, some errands, neglecting the house and submitting taxes

Yes, I could do our taxes earlier, but where's the fun in that?! Ha! Just kidding. Actually, this year was the earliest I had started them - clear back in mid-February when I first got the software. I did 90% of our taxes that day. I just had to add in Sean's piano money/expenses (which required a little research) and finish up State. And yet, everything sat in TurboTax, all cued up for when I was ready to finish them, for a month and a half! Ay-yi-yi. Every year I swear I'll do better and every year I wait until the last minute. Oh, well. They are done. And we are getting a refund (yay!). And I survived the last-minute madness. And today will be all about cleaning the house and doing laundry. Seriously, nobody come over. It's a disaster-zone. And maybe something yummy will get baked up while I take care of the chaos. I'm thinking chocolate chip cookies or cinnamon rolls are in our future.

Ok, I take it back. If you want to come over today you can. After the house is cleaned up and after I have a treat to share!

Now, don't bother me... I'm cleaning!!

PS: Stay tuned.... Exciting posts still to come. Look forward to Disneyland, Easter, Ethan's birthday, Ethan's party and Ethan starting swimming lessons!!!

No comments: