Ok, not after midnight, though. But still, thank you Patsy Cline (and my dad for listening to her) for helping me think of a title for this post.
It's official. Actually, it's been official for over a week now, I just have been slacking on my blog - either that or letting you enjoy our lakehouse pictures a little longer... :) Ethan is walking!! He'd been 'walking' for over a month now, but I was waiting until he really took off before I posted the announcement. He was such a fast crawler, and was able to pull himself up at a pretty early age that as a 1st time mom, I was convinced he would walk early and was really hoping he'd walk by his 1st birthday. Well, he was walking, but still didn't have the confidence to take off on his own. Little by little, though, he's been making the transition to full-time walker. Last week he made great strides. Over the weekend he was at about 50-50. 50% walking and 50% crawling. By Monday it was about 60-40, Tuesday 75-25 and Wednesday he had pretty much committed. Now he walks around the house like he's been doing it for months!! It is SO FUN to see him WALK into a room, and not enter on all fours. What a great, new stage!
So he's got walking down, but he's also been doing some more talking. He still a pro at 'da-da', while 'ma-ma' is a little less frequent. His other two favorite words (phrases?) are 'whazzat?' and 'whozzat?' - i.e. "what's that?" and "who's that?" There's an occasional 'yep' and some I can't quite make out and others I don't remember. He's trying, though!
Note: I'll try to get a video up soon of his new-found freedom...
4 comments:
Grooviness! How exciting. Now he can really start getting into trouble.....jk. I can't wait to see a video. : )
How cool! We can't wait to see him walking around this weekend!
yay for Ethan! Pretty soon he'll be running and then it'll be really hard to keep up with him! I bet he loves getting around on his feet.... its a whole new world for him!
Sean,
It is your long lost buddy Bryan!
Your kid is huge!! That is awesome!
We need to catch up. Email me at bbakersc1@gmail.com
Bryan
Post a Comment