
The cakes. The '1st' was a freebie from the bakery. It was a little big for such a little guy, so we saved it for later and dug into the blue balloon cake on the right.
Ethan's party was the Friday after his actual birthday and we celebrated at Roaring Rapids Pizza. It was great to have everyone there - grandparents and great-grandparents, aunties, (second) cousins and 4 friends (6 including a couple of the spouses) from High School, 3 of which also have 1-year olds. We had 5 1-year olds in total. Four handsome little boys: Birthday Boy Ethan, 2nd cuz Jackson, Bennett and Perrin and one adorable little girl: Kaitlyn. We sure missed Sean's family, though - they celebrated in spirit from SoCal! We decided not to do much of a 'theme' - it was sorta just classic birthday: bright, rainbow color balloons and party hats and blowers for the kids. We had a great time eating pizza, chatting and then singing to Ethan - which he loved - and watching him 'eat' his cake - which he did not love. This was sort of a compliment to me, because he went to town on the cake I had made him to eat on his actual birthday. :)
SHS grads and our adorable 1-year olds!
Party people! 

We stuck around for a while after most everyone had left and had a couple of mini air hockey tournaments and some high speed car races.
Lizzy's birthday and party were last Wednesday - the 30th. She decided to celebrate at the local Rec center so her and her friends could play with the Nintendo Wii on the big screen. They ended the party by rock-climbing. Very fun. Lizzy and I also got to play a little one-on-one basketball, which was fun. 
Lizzy's birthday and party were last Wednesday - the 30th. She decided to celebrate at the local Rec center so her and her friends could play with the Nintendo Wii on the big screen. They ended the party by rock-climbing. Very fun. Lizzy and I also got to play a little one-on-one basketball, which was fun. 




9 comments:
What a fun day! I love birthday parties. I love the pic with you and all your shs buddies...awesome! Who is that...Sara, Melissa and Heather? Too fun!
Happy birthday!!!! Looks like you guys had a fun time!
Em -
I love the SHS grad pic, too. And you were right - it is Sara, Melissa and Heather, all with new last names! :)
Sara has her own blog - her link's on my list.
Yes, we were celebrating in spirit but we sure miss you guys! It sounds like Lizzy's party was a lot of fun, too... so who won at basketball?
Thanks for inviting us! Jackson had lots of fun... especially on the merry-go-round! I can't believe Elizabeth is already 12! Her and Heather have just grown up so fast lately
Thanks for inviting us! Sorry we had to leave early, it had been a long day for Bennett with no nap (not a good combination). I'm glad to hear your boy's feeling better too!
I'm glad that Ethan is doing better. Fun birthday party! Elizabeth was SUPER excited to turn 12 last week (she is in my primary class and that was all she could talk about!)
we have that same awesome high chair. Happy birthday to Ethan.
I loved turning 12! it feels good to become a big girl now cuz now I get to go to.... GIRLS CAMP!!! yahhhhh!!
Post a Comment