Sunday, September 20, 2009

M.I.A... sorry

I know I posted on Monday, but it still feels like it's been a while since I've posted anything new - maybe because I'd wrote Monday's blog just after labor day, but didn't get the pictures put in until later.

Anyway.

I've been a little stressed, to say the least. Sean has a job offer. I say offer because he hasn't actually accepted the position officially. He got the call on Friday and asked for the weekend to think it over. Now, normally this post would have started something like: Sean got the job!! But for now my enthusiasm is slightly contained for a couple of reasons. 1. Like I said, nothing's official yet. 2. The job is in McMinnville. That's right I said McMinnville, as in not Springfield, not Eugene, heck not even Salem. McMinnville. Still north, but [very] west of I-5. What to do, what to do... Believe me, we have been on our knees in prayer a lot this past week - even before he got the call. Accepting this job will mean several BIG changes in our lives... Sean will have a job - that's a plus. I can cut back my hours at work to part-time so I get to be at home with Ethan - another plus. And we'll have to move. This can go either way.

The move is what I have been struggling with. In fact, I have been on an emotional rollercoaster since Sean called me at work Friday morning! One minute I'm excited and ready to move and embrace the changes. The next minute I'm freaking out. Especially when I think about how quickly this could all go down. I'm a Spring-tucky girl, born and raised. I have lived here my entire life. I've worked at the same job for 10 years. This is a big deal. It will not be easy for me. I have already cried several times - sometimes tears of joy and sometimes of sadness. In fact, I lost it when I got a text from a friend who's also a little stressed, but said one of the reasons for that was "my very good friend is moving soon." Like I said, this will not be easy for me.

I'll update when I know for sure what the plan is. Just know, I may get real busy, real quick with packing, etc. Ahhhh!!

PS: We're looking more at the Monmouth, Independence and Dallas areas to move to. Anyone know anything about the area??

10 comments:

Christi said...

I can't wait to hear what you guys decide. Whatever you choose will be the right thing!

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

I live in Dallas!!! You should definitely move into our ward. I will facebook you my number if you want to chat about the area. Or just message me questions. Good luck with your decision.

Sean and Steph said...

I know a bagillion people in the Dallas area, it's not too bad for a small town :)

Emily said...

Oh man, McMinnville is gorgeous! I would live there in a heart beat. Monmouth is a cute, little town, my brother went to school there. All I really know about it is that the cops like to pull people over for barely speeding. It has been forever since I have been there.

You'll make the right decision, and just know that if you choose McMinnville I will be very, very jealous.

Shalene said...

You will make the right decision! Everything happens for a reason. :) good luck

Karen K. said...

One of my best friends is the RS President in Indpendence (I think that's where they live). She was a school teacher (in Turner I think) and retired last year. I think that area is beautiful. When I was younger I was horrified by the thought that my friends would move or that change was happening. It sometimes seemed like the end of the world. I started to accept it though (like I had any choice!) and those opportunities for change always brought better things. Anyway, although you and Sean and Ethan would be desperately missed here, the Monmouth/Indpendence area would be gaining all you have to offer and maybe that's what is in store for you now. I know it's hard for you to leave family. Do I EVER understand! I think it can be a good thing though. Besides, it's not like you're going to be in UTAH like some kids I know! Best of luck on your final decision.

Brandi said...

I know it is hard to move away from your home city. I lived in Springfield from the time I was 3 until i got married to Adam. But, I gotta tell you it is actually pretty fun to live in a new city. We like it better than Eugene/Springfield. My advice, go small town if you can. It's nice

The Hanson Family said...

Its all pretty god as far as I can tell. We are actually looking into those areas as well for Chris' job hunt when he Graduates in June so we may see ya

Christine said...

I am happy that Sean got the job but I DON'T WANT YOU TO MOVE! Well, even though I am planning to move soon too...haha...but that is different!

Swanson Family said...

Jeff and I lived in McMinnville for a year after we got married. We loved it there! I was a spring-tucky girl myself, but McM. was a nice transition - another small town. The only negative is that it's way off I-5 - not the easiest to get to. My in-laws live in west Salem and it only takes about 20 from there to McM., so that might be an option for you. Good luck! And speaking from experience, while moving to a new town is scary and anxiety provoking, it is also a lot of fun....think of all the new friends you'll be making!