Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reunion Dilemma

I am torn. Two weeks from now I have the opportunity to go to a reunion. As in, only one. The problem is that I have TWO I can go to and they are in different states! And of course, we are almost exactly in the middle as far as distance. Here are my choices...

Option #1
My 10-year High School Reunion [Go Millers!]
location: Springfield, OR - 2 hour drive
cost: $35/person + gas
my thoughts: I really enjoyed high school and would love to see some friends again. I keep in pretty good contact with quite a few people through Facebook and Blogs, but it'd be nice to actually see them and especially meet their families at the more casual picnic thing on Saturday. That being said, there's not really anyone that I don't already keep in touch with that I'm hoping to reconnect with.

Option #2
Family Reunion [on my mom's side]
location: Bellevue, WA - 2 1/2 hour drive
cost: just gas
my thoughts: I think it's pretty much being hosted by my great aunt Ruthie, whom I love! I have many fond memories of family trips {before my sisters were born} to Mexico and staying in their time-share. We also used to visit my aunt and [late] uncle at their home, which is on a lake, and I would love for Ethan to get to experience that. Also, now that we are in Washington, we are much closer to some of my extended family and it would be fun to reconnect with them.

What to do... what to do...
What would YOU do?
And SHS class of 2000 people who read my blog... thoughts?!?

6 comments:

Karen K. said...

Family.

E and J said...

family

Karen K. said...

I'm back. And I haven't changed my opinion. Family first. :)

Christine said...

Family...I want to go too....

Emily said...

I'm probably supposed to say SHS because I'm helping plan the thing, but the other one sounds super fun too. Facebook makes it easier to see who is at what restaurant and see who is "tired, mad, so in love with their husband, just stepped in dog poo, going shopping, having a baby, etc, etc" and all the other updates people put on there...but I still don't REALLY know what my friends are up to.

I'm the most excited for the picnic on Saturday too, I want to see everyone's kids. Oh, and if you don't want to go to everything, you don't have to pay the full 35 dollars/person.

Anyway, it would be a touch choice for me...withe the high school reunion there's always that chance that it won't be as fun as you thought and you might walk away thinking, "why did I go to that?"...but with a family reunion, that probably wouldn't happen. It will probably just be great.

I'm excited for the reunion though, because I get to come home!!!

Kirsten & Midge said...

I agree family.