Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Goodie Plates 2011

Christmas goodie plates for 2011 were very similar to last year's....

We had the traditional sugar cookies (about 7 dozen), gingerbread softies (about 8 dozen and a change from last year's gingersnaps), chocolate peppermint crunch cookies (about 8 dozen), orange-cranberry cookies w/ orange drizzle (about 6 dozen) and raspberry shortbread cookies w/ almond drizzle (about 9 dozen). Then Sean did a double batch of Buckeye candies (chocolate peanut butter balls) and a batch of homemade caramel.

This year I put icing into a bag for the drizzling - so much easier!! And looks so much neater than when drizzled with a fork. I let Ethan do the orange icing for the orange-cranberry cookies and I did the icing on the raspberry shortbread.
We made up almost 20 goodie plates and delivered them to friends in our ward, a neighbor and the landlord's family. Depending on the size of the family, I think most plates ended up with about 2 dozen cookies (give or take) and then a handful each of Buckeyes and caramels.

I love the combination and variation of goodies on our plate, but I think this year I'll be ready for more changes. I don't know what, but I'll be on the look-out for cookie recipes this year....

No comments: