Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Team Geo-Trax

Just a little glimpse into some of our everyday stuff...

Background story: Ethan got a Geo-Trax train starter set from my parents for (early) Christmas last year and then Sean and I added to it a little for Christmas. Then, it got added to a little bit more for his birthday. And then Grandma Mary gave Ethan a cool track set for Christmas this year with lots of turns, straight pieces, a cool ramp and even some RR crossing signs!
Last week, Ethan commissioned me to build him a new track.

I take my train-track-building very seriously. It takes the brain of an engineer, I tell ya!

EVERY piece must be used.

All ramps, bridges, the tunnel and the crossroad must be taken advantage of.

Oh, and it can't be boring. i.e. Ethan likes lots of "wiggles," or S-curves, to make it interesting.


Challenge, accepted!

Here's what I came up with. It took up the bulk of our living room floor.

I am SO glad you can not tell just how dirty that floor was. See, this picture was taken after the track had been up for several days (I moved the coffee table out of the way for the picture, but it actually weaved around the legs)... It's difficult to sweep around that thing. And mopping is impossible, so the floors were in desperate need of a good cleaning - not that you can really tell! Ah ha ha ha!!

1 comment:

Matt and Christy said...

Elijah has a geoTrax set, too. We don't use it now because of the destructo-twins, but we can't wait to get it out again. I'm the same way about building a track- I need to use every piece. Elijah gets so frustrated with me because I'm such a perfectionist about it.