A "woe is me (us)" post.
And I'm not even going to whine about the fact that it is June 23rd and it is RAINING!!
Where's our summer?? We even have the window A/C unit in... We're ready!
Anyway.
1. Last Friday it was a nice, sunny, not-too-hot day. I was coming off of my "Holy Errand Day!" on Thursday and had just finished Friday's much shorter list of errands - dropped off a job app and went back to the post office. Since we had no other plans for the afternoon, I decided it would be a good time to clean out the Explorer, vacuum it out and wash the outside. So I did just that! Put away everything that was in the truck that didn't belong, vacuumed all of it and then washed the outside. As I rinsed off the 2nd scrubbing, I noticed a streak of water on the windshield... I looked closer and was shocked to realize that what I thought was water was a CRACK in the windshield!! Seriously?! Surely my eyes were deceiving me... {What is it with us and cracked glass lately?!} Nope, I actually saw the crack grow. Big dollar signs immediately flashed in my eyes, though when I looked up an estimate online it was only half of what I originally guessed. Luckily the crack doesn't go all the way down or through the windshield and doesn't obstruct my vision... Add that to the list of things we need but can't really afford!
2. On Monday I got out and planned to do a 2-mile walk around a track while Ethan played at a local park... Well I got done with 2 miles and Ethan was still playing well so I thought I'd go another mile. At about mile 2.5 I went to pass some ladies with strollers and as I went from the grass back to the track I stepped on the edge of the track and rolled my ankle. I was able to walk it off and finish my 3rd mile, but by that night it was hurting pretty bad so I wrapped it up and iced it. Tuesday it was still a little sore but Wednesday I was back on the track and did another 3 miles. I realize this isn't that bad, but I had to have a 3rd thing to round out my list because the last one is a doozy....
3. FRAUD. On our checking account. From Sean's debit card. With nothing to show for the supposed purchases we made through Jet Star Asia and Go Holiday. A total of $458.42 was taken from our account, including two international exchange fees. Lucky us! {she said dripping with sarcasm!} Although, I guess, lucky for us I did catch it early. Called the bank as soon as I noticed something fishy and sure enough there were two pending fraudulent charges. Got Sean's card cancelled and new one ordered, called the dispute department once the transactions cleared, got paperwork emailed to me, filled out forms and faxed them back. So everything is done... We just have to wait for our funds to be back in our account. They said 7-10 business days. My fingers are crossed.
Here's to a good weekend, hanging out with family and celebrating Sean's birthday!!
PS: I really hope my rolled ankle can count as the 3rd one because we don't need anything else right now!
1 comment:
I would whine about all those things. Hope your ankle feels better and I'm glad you caught the fraud stuff. I had to deal with some fraud once, but it was more my stupidity that caused it. I wonder how someone got your debit info!
Post a Comment