Friday, June 15, 2012

Holy Errand Day, Batman!

Oh. My. Heavens.

Yesterday was a looooooong day.

NINE stops. With THREE pit-stops at home in between the madness. That makes for 13 buckling and un-buckling of Ethan in his carseat.

But, let's just be honest. This has been another crazy-busy week and it's not even over!


1. Swim Lessons
Yesterday started with swim lessons for Ethan. And I was so happy he got in the pool with only a little bit of stalling. Tuesday was quite different and I had to spend almost 20 minutes of his 30 minute lesson talking with him and trying to convince him to get in the water. I was having flashbacks of our first swim lesson attempts! {#1 was here and #2 was here.} And, crap, I'm realizing that I never hung up Ethan's swim trunks to dry... Oops!


2. Target
After swim lessons we stopped at Target for some Father's Day cards and $1 bin finds. Curse that $1 bin - gets me for at least 1 or 2 things every time! This time we decided these Independence Day star glasses were a "must" and they landed in our cart along with 2 tubes of glow bracelets. 15 bracelets for a buck?! Can't beat that. I know I'll use them in my Primary class or as party favors or something!

3. Un-named store
Next was a quick stop and bathroom break at another fine retail establishment that will remain anonymous until after Father's Day because we were getting Sean's gift!

We went home for a very quick lunch {thank goodness for yummy/easy leftovers - homemade chicken taquitos - that I was able to just heat-and-eat} and I made sure I had all of the paperwork for Ethan's kindergarten registration.

4. Ethan's soon-to-be Elementary School
I've had 95% of the kindergarten registration forms filled out since the beginning of May - I was going to turn it in before the Open House. Well, I finally sat down and finished the last 5% of the forms and we took them to the school and got Ethan all signed up!

5. Another local Elementary School
One of the girls in my Primary class {and oldest daughter of one of our good friends} received a very special service award during the 5th Grade "graduation" and award ceremony. We went in support of her and ducked out a little early when Ethan needed a bathroom break.

Then it was back home again so I could wrap and box up Father's Day gifts to be shipped out.


6. Post Office
Did I remember to check the closing time before we left for the post office? No... And we got there 7 minutes after they locked up the counter for the night. Dang it! Sorry Dads... Your packages may be a day or two late.


7. Papa John's Pizza
With all the running around and knowing that Sean had to be in Salem for a tech rehearsal for the choir concert and because I had Activity Days to get to, dinner last night was courtesy of Papa John's $5 pepperoni pizza deal.

Back home again to get Sean's dinner on a plate, so he could eat it in the car, as he rushed out the door. Ethan and I ate our pizza and shared a cherry Coke {no judging, please!} and then it was back in the car to run to...

8. Winco
I was in charge of bringing popsicles for the treat for Activity Days.

9. Church
Activity Days - we went and played softball at a nearby elementary school. I played catcher. Pretty sure some of these girls had never played before... i.e. I was up and down a lot catching and throwing back missed balls. My quads were pretty tired by the end - especially considering I was playing catcher for both teams - basically almost an hour of doing squats! Ha!

Finally back home again where I got Ethan off to bed by myself, did a quick pick-up around the house in preparation for some friends coming over to watch the season premiere of Suits and took a quick (no hair-washing) shower only to have everyone ditch me at the last minute! So I got on my jammies, popped some popcorn and watched a show off the DVR.

Today we should only have 2, maybe 3, stops... Back to the post office, drop off a job application and maybe pick up some milk. We're already down to our last 3/4 gallon and with the weekend here, that could go really fast!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! What a day! I just went to work, watched a few episodes of white collar 3, picked up Tory to get our seven peaks passes, went running, oh I guess we did FaceTime with sal. And then went to my friends party, then grocery store with Daniel. I guess that is a lot, but all within a couple miles. So not too bad.