With Sis. Ennis, Sis. Jolley, Sis. Z and Christine.
Theme: Bee The Best You Can Bee!
with emphasis on the Bee! Our theme was based off of Pres. Hinckley's 6 main "Be's" as well as the 3 that were added:
Be Grateful - Be Smart - Be Clean - Be True - Be Humble - Be Prayerful - Be Involved - Be Still - Be Positive
Stake Girls: Bumble Bees
Stake Adults: Butterflies
1st years (2 units): Ladybugs and Fireflies
2nd years (3 units): Ants, Glowworms and Dragonflies
3rd years (2 units): Damselflies and my unit
4th years: Inch Worms
My unit: CATERPILLARS!!
*Tuesday*
Set-up campsite, Evening Flag, FHE
My little helper - only for the first 20 minutes or so until 'gramma' had to take him away for the week.
Digging the water disposal site and pounding in stakes for the garbage/recycling.
The quad-pod!
Trying to figure out how to set up the tent. They were right... I was wrong!
3rd years rock!! We totally had our campsite up a good 1/2 hour before lunch, so we had time for a group picture. Aren't they a great-lookin' bunch??
The MONSTER cockroach-like bug Megan found Tuesday afternoon. It was huge and it was gross. Enough said.
FHE/Devotional:
Feast Upon the Words of Christ
2 Nephi 32:3
"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christwill tell you all things what ye should do."
*Wednesday*
AM Flag, Jigsaw, Crafts: Tie Dye, Unit Leader Dinner, PM Flag, Sing-A-Long
Lizzy with the frog she caught. Is she really my sister?? I was never big on catching slimy animals!
The tie-dye turned out great! I did a shirt for me and one for Ethan.
Devotional:
"Do not entertain bad thoughts and do bad deeds. Life is holy and sacred. Go through it with joy and happiness. Do not carry gloomy, unhappy faces. Happiness is union with God. This period of your life is sacred. If you can not derive happiness and live in bliss at this age, can you be blissful when you grow old? Now, you have only two legs to carry; you can jump about freely. But, when you marry and rear up a family, you will move like a caterpillar with many legs!" Atharva Veda
Doctrine & Covenants 59:3
"Yea, blessed are they whose feet stand upon the land of Zion, who have obeyed my gospel; for they shall receive their reward the good things of the earth, and it shall bring forth in is strength."
*Thursday*
AM Flag, Stake Girls: Shake Your Foot, Jigsaw, Waterfront, PM Flag, Skits, Star-gazing
The stake adults belting out their morning roll-call jingle!
This was NOT a result of the fire!
After the 2nd late night attack on my tent! The first one came Tuesday night when it was bombarded with pinecones!
Devotional:
"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!"
*Friday*
AM Flag, Morning Exercises: Kickboxing, JAMBOREE, PM Flag, Bishop's Mountain Top, Testimony Mtg.
Demonstrating kickboxing for the AM flag exercises. Poor Christine!
Devotional:
"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
My unit - 2nd place + 4th years - 1st place
*Saturday*
Take-down campsite, Final Flag, HERITAGE MOUNTAIN, Circle of Friendship
Well, technically we tied with the 4th years, which means that all of the Mia Maids in my ward
Sisters - minus Lizzy!
Ah-ah-ah-ah stayin' alive - in unit 5!
9 comments:
cute pictures!
camp was fun! and I glad that we all got to go! :D
That looks like so much fun! What a beautiful place to camp.
Lucky your tent was attacked by red vines and not those gross roaches! ewww
Aw, it looks like you had so much fun and what a cool theme! I miss girls camp.
FUUUN! It looks like a blast! I wish girls camp was so great everywhere!
Thanks for the post. Aaaaaahhh, girls camp. Sigh. I can't believe you have won Heritage Mountain so many times WOW!!! Your camp beads/necklace, is going to be as big as Sr. Barnes's! : ) Your unit looks great. I love that Christine was on Stake camp, that's awesome. The theme was so adorable too!
Wow, your unit was BIG!! Love the pictures, you look like you had a fantastic time! And tie dye??? How cool is that????
damselflies??? Is that made up? I can't believe you are still doing camp!!! I hate camping!!! Such work!!! That said, it looked like a lot of fun. I always loved Girl's Camp, it was the best. That's neat that you documented all the devotionals. And kickboxing?!!!! AWESOME!!!!
Looks like you had a lot of fun at camp! I miss girls camp so much! Lots of wonderful memeories are made there and friends for life!
That was great!!!! Thank you for asking me to read your blog. You are so amazing. I always thought 3rd years would be the hardest. FUN, but hard. They are the gutsy ones, always wanting to get out and do something they shouldn't do! Thanks for the wonderful compliment, I needed it today. I loved your devotionals and the cute pics. Congrats on the mountain!! That is the hardest thing to accomplish. I only got it one year out of 12. I haven't done camp now for 3 years. I did it the first two years I was here. It was fun to see the pics. I am so happy for you and your life. What a cute little guy you have! I am grateful you were in my life also. I am grateful you keep me posted. Take care!!! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment