So! Day 4 of Ethan's Birthday/Easter weekend... Birthday on Thursday, cake/presents on Friday, egg hunt/park on Saturday and then Easter on Sunday. Phew!
And the Easter box from Nana and Papa - even more treats in there... had to quickly snatch most - not all - of them up to be doled out later. No need for a sugar rush first thing in the morning!
That morning we did not have to worry about Ethan getting up before us and getting to his Easter basket... we learned our lesson from Friday morning (see previous birthday post) and put a gate at the end of the hall (to force him to come into our room). So this was his basket of goodies this year: new sippy cup, 'Prince Charming' frog jammies, Elmo book, small chocolate bunny (that I have yet to let him eat any... ), a couple marshmallow peeps (didn't know they made sugar-free ones, though!) and 3 frog plastic eggs with a new matchbox car, fruit snacks and some funky/spiky ball things.



And the Easter box from Nana and Papa - even more treats in there... had to quickly snatch most - not all - of them up to be doled out later. No need for a sugar rush first thing in the morning!
After the excitement of the all the treats, it was time for breakfast and also our Easter crafty, totally cool silk tie-dyed eggs project! I learned how to do this on Best Bites and just had to try it this year. These were the ties I bought at Value Village - 99cents each on blue tag day. Sweet!
And after carefully following the directions, these were our results. I was pretty impressed by the whole idea and will definitely do it again next year... maybe a new family tradition!
Sean had choir practice before church, so Ethan and I got ready and then met him there... Unfortunately this meant NO NAP! And it showed. It was a bit of an exhausting sacrament meeting because nothing seemed to hold his interest. But! At least he looked great! Freakin' adorable little boy all dressed up in his new Easter shirt and tie. Notice the cars on his tie? I'll bet you wished you had a tie that was so cool!
And after carefully following the directions, these were our results. I was pretty impressed by the whole idea and will definitely do it again next year... maybe a new family tradition!
Sean had choir practice before church, so Ethan and I got ready and then met him there... Unfortunately this meant NO NAP! And it showed. It was a bit of an exhausting sacrament meeting because nothing seemed to hold his interest. But! At least he looked great! Freakin' adorable little boy all dressed up in his new Easter shirt and tie. Notice the cars on his tie? I'll bet you wished you had a tie that was so cool!
We only stayed for sacrament meeting and then it was a rush to get home, change clothes and head out to (great) grandma and grandpa Toftdahl's for dinner. Ethan got a little nap on the way, but was one tired, hungry and cranky little boy when we got there. He was in and out of having little crabby fits, but finally after getting some food in his belly (he decided that it would be a good time to be a picky eater... thanks, bud), a breath-holding spell at the dinner table (lovely) and a little down time in the spare room with just mommy he was doing much better. Finding great grandma's stash of cool, new (to him) toy cars, trucks and tractors didn't hurt either. He was fairly enjoyable the rest of the evening. Dinner was fantastic and in between rain showers we headed outside for a quick egg hunt... Ethan was finally getting the hang of it! 
After some yummy desserts - grandma's marionberry and strawberry rhubarb pies and my lemon and lime tarts - and a round of hugs we headed for home. Another enjoyable (and labor free... I'm never gonna forget that one) Easter!

After some yummy desserts - grandma's marionberry and strawberry rhubarb pies and my lemon and lime tarts - and a round of hugs we headed for home. Another enjoyable (and labor free... I'm never gonna forget that one) Easter!
6 comments:
Looks like fun!!! Those eggs look so cool.... you will have to tell us how you did that... I like them..
Whoa....I hadn't seen Ethan's head yet....how traumatic! I'm so sorry for him and Sean and you....oi yoi yoi! Sounds like you all handled it like pros though. As for Easter, your eggs are amazing! And those desserts you had at grandma's....HEAVEN....I love tarts, and strawberry rhubard pie....OH MY GOSH! She has a spiffy backyard, quite charming!
Whoops...this is Chad and JEssica
You did the eggs! I saw that on a site and I totally wanted to do it. Yours turned out really nice!!!! I'm glad to know it really works.
Are you going to Spamalot tomorrow night??? We're going tomorrow night! :) So excited!
First of all- I LOVED the eggs! And I love how over-protected Ethan was over them at dinner!
Second of all- I can't believe I missed out on the scavenger hunt because I was on the computer!! LAME! It was raining though....
Love the eggs- I've never seen it done like that before!! Gotta love Easter :-)
Post a Comment