Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pink Toes

This morning I was up before everyone else and decided to finally take 5 minutes to paint my toenails a very bright and Spring-y pink shade... I had been meaning to do this for over a week! Well, my very observant 2-year old (on Thursday!! His 2nd birthday is on Thursday!) noticed my toes right away.
"Pink toes," he said.
And then sitting down to take a closer look:
"Mommy has pink toes!"
Me: "Do you like them?"
Ethan: "Yes!"
And then, since we've been working so much on counting, he decided to count my pink toes... unfortunately he hasn't quite got down the concept of quantity. So, the first time he counted my toes (on just one foot) he proudly announced, "Six!"
Whooaaa! Mommy does not have six toes. Try again.
Ok.
"One, two, three... Three!!" he announced. Uhhh... wrong again. But by then he was over the excitement of my pink toes and I decided I would much rather have the original six toe count instead of just three - much, much easier to take one away then to add two! [And no, those are not my toes in the picture.]

4 comments:

Rach said...

I was going to paint my toes this weekend too! Crazy, the sun comes out and girls wanna fix up their feet! hehe!

Shalene said...

doing a little pampering is always nice..... :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you mommy! Now you can come paint mine! I can't reach them and they are in much need of help especially since they'll be in my doctor's face in a few days. You don't mind driving 3-4 hours do you? :0) Nah, I'll make Jeff do it. You're little boy is so cute. Isn't it funny how they catch things like that.

Marsaili said...

Hey, six toes are lucky! Actually, I was recently doing a couples massage at work; I had the hubby and my friend Harper had the wife- and got my attention to point out that wifey had six toes on BOTH feet! Oh, the joys of being a massage therapist! :)