Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkins: From Patch to Porch

Warning: This post has a LOT of pictures. That's what you get once I finally have access to all the pictures I've taken over the last couple months! Oh well, I'm sure the grandparents will like it! :)
So, after our adventure at Deterings the previous weekend, the 2nd Saturday of October we headed out to Lone Pine Farms for pumpkins, cow train rides and beautiful fall weather! What a gorgeous Fall day - sunny, but with a slight chill in the air to let you know this most definitely was not still summer. We set out fairly early again and made our first stop to visit and feed the goats and the sheep. I think this is one of Ethan's favorite parts!
They're always ready for a snack.
Then it was on to the pumpkin patch.
Got mine!
After carefully selecting this year's soon-to-be jack-o-lanterns, we took our gourds to be weighed and Ethan decided to hitch a ride in the wheelbarrow. In the meantime, we saw... a helicopter of all things! Apparently they were doing 10-15 minute rides in the area (for a hefty price that is).
Next it was on to the Cow Train, where Ethan seemed pretty excited, but was a little hesitant once the ATV took off... especially because he was riding by himself. No tears though!
After paying for our pumpkins, along with some farm fresh apples and cucumbers, we treated ourselves to some ice cream cones. Ethan enjoyed a little from both of us!
And before we could go, we just had to stop by the playground. Ethan just made a constant loop - up the ladder, down the slide and repeat.
Two weeks later....
We finally carved our pumpkins. [A temple trip and a round of colds kept us occupied the other weekends.]
Ethan was a good pumpkin guts scooper!
Ethan keeps looking at this picture and saying, "We don't eat pumpkin cheese!"

Hard at work...
A clean slate, just waiting to be carved into jack-o-lantern awesomeness!
Ta-da!! This was my creation.
Sean's creepy, big-eyed alien pumpkin. Ethan loved it.
Ethan's very happy little pumpkin!
Pre-candles lit.
Spooky, huh?

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

Love the pictures. I just can't believe Ethan is getting so BIG!!! I like goats too--I developed a 'rapport' with one at the fair (name of Emma) a few years back. Oh, and I've always wanted to ride on one of those cow trains. I wish Tim had Saturdays off--it seems we never get to do anything fun like that anymore. :(

Shalene said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I like your pumpkins they are great!

Megan and Greg said...

Who ever complains about pictures? I LOVE pictures! And you had great ones. LOVED the alien pumpkin, and all of them together. So cute and fun. It was nice to have pics of Sean too, he's never in here!

Marsaili said...

Nice pics as always! Your pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun. :)