Monday, March 22, 2010

Really? I'm supposed to feed my kid this?!

So I was reorganizing the food storage in the garage this morning and Ethan was hanging out with me, playing with whatever odds and ends he found out there. Just before lunch he found this and wanted me to heat it up for his lunch.Looks fairly appealing... creamy mac-n-cheese, bright green peas and orange carrots. "No Preservatives", serving of vegetables and it's from Gerber. Surely it will be good.

I warmed it up, peeled back the wrapper and saw this....
Brown. Blah. Blech!

Ethan still wanted to try it, but quickly spit it back out declaring that it was "YUCKY!"
I don't blame him. What a waste. I mean, we had this out there just for emergency, but Gerber, I will not be buying any of these again.

5 comments:

Christi said...

One word- Nasty!
Like the new header.

Megan and Greg said...

Always good to get a product review. Basically anything microwavable scares me. I think it is HILARIOUS that he hated it too. I expected him to gobble it up. Greg and I both LOVED tv dinners when we were little.

Kirsten & Midge said...

It looks like a kids TV dinner.

Emily said...

Gross. Those peas are scary looking!!

I just saw the pics down below...love them, hilarious!!!!!!

Rach said...

HAHAHA!!!! Yay for frozen food!