Friday, March 5, 2010

Zoo... with the animals!

Well, now that we live so close, it's hard to pass up $2 Tuesdays at the Portland Zoo!
We met up with my cousin's wife, Steph, and their two adorable boys (Jackson-3 and Baron-1) for a fun afternoon at the zoo - it was Ethan's first trip by the way. Below are lots of pictures from our adventure:
First stop was fishes from the Pacific Northwest.

Ethan's so washed out in this picture, but I love his expression!

We love our ducks!!

This otter was very active and put on quite the show for us.

The boys loved this bubble feature on one of the exhibits.

The penguins and polar bears were also a hit.

Had to get a picture with the hippo statue for daddy.

And we know uncle Todd loves the elephants. :)

Ethan really liked the jeep that was half-way in one of the exhibits.

I loved watching Jackson and Ethan get excited about the exhibits and all the animals.

This is my favorite picture of them - such handsome boys!

Personally, my favorite exhibit was the seals and watching them swim and dive in the big tank - and watching Ethan observe all their movements.

It was a very fun outing - plus, I can't pass up a good deal! If the weather's nice, I think we're going back this Tuesday (it's the 2nd Tuesday of every month). [And Steph, next time we need to make sure we get some pictures with us in them!!] Oh, and with the title of this post, I had to add the "with the animals" because every time we talked about going to the zoo, Ethan would always add in, "with all the animals!" :) [Love that kid!]

6 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like so much fun...cute cousins(2nd cousins?)!! And such a good deal!!!

Lindsay said...

He looks SO much like you in the picture of him riding the elephant. What a cutie!!

Christi said...

Jealous!!! So much fun.

The Grahams said...

YES! I heart $2 Tuesdays at the zoo!! So much fun! And we REALLY lucked out with the weather! It was perfect! And we are definitely in this next Tuesday! Can't wait!!

p.s. I love that you changed to Washington Southworths already!

Anonymous said...

I love Ethan's hair. It seems longer than when we saw him at Christmas. In the hippo picture I think he looks like Sean as a kid, Ethan not the hippo.

Shalene said...

I have not been to the zoo in for ever!! Looks like a great outing. Ethan looks so small next to the huge tank.