Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010

Has it really been TWO WEEKS since I last posted?! Yikes!! I have SO MUCH to catch up on! I was going to attempt to be ahead of the game and do an "Easter Preview" post with pictures from the Sunday before when Ethan wore his new Spring ensemble and we gave our new little Primary class some goodies. Well, obviously that didn't happen, so here it is - all things related to Easter 2010!

This year's silk-tie-dyed eggs.... or at least what's left of them! We made about a dozen and gave them to our Primary class [before I remembered to snap a picture] along with Cadbury egg cookies. Both are courtesy of Our Best Bites. Click here for a tutorial on the eggs and here for the cookie recipe. Oh, and this year we couldn't find any cheap silk ties, so we settled for silk scarves. More fabric for our money, but it was hard to find a scarf with a print as small as you would normally find on a tie.

Ethan in his Spring-time best. I'm pretty sure the yellow shirt was from Nana and Papa last year [Christmas, I think] and I added the new car tie [with matching socks that you can't see]. We had an impromptu photo shoot after church that day!
Saturday night, before Easter, I got Ethan's basket together and hid eggs throughout the living room. We did the egg and basket hunt first thing in the morning before heading down to Junction City for Easter dinner and General Conference with my family and grandparents.

Egg hunt was a success!

This was the best smile I could get for a little boy who had just woke up and wanted to dig into his basket, not pose for a picture!



Conference was great and it was really nice to be with family. Just before we left, Ethan got to open birthday presents from both Auntie Christine and Great Grandma/Grandpa Toftdahl.He also has a sandbox coming that Great Grandpa Chuck built for him... Unfortunately it was just slightly too big for the back of the Explorer, so we'll have to figure out another way to get it up here.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter/Conference Sunday!!

PS: Can you tell I've been messing around with Picasa to make my picture collages?? :)

7 comments:

Christine said...

I love the collages!! Very nice! And yeah?!?! Where have you been?! Two weeks?! sheesh! haha
Anyway, I love that boy. :)

Shalene said...

lots of great pictures!!! They are the best!! Hope all is well with you up in washington!!

Paul and Missy said...

He looked so handsome in his easter outfit!

Elisabeth said...

The video was really cute Jenn! :) Ethan is so adorable and has gotten so big! I cannot believe he's 3!

mom said...

Cute pictures & great video! Gotta love little Ethan! :)

Christi said...

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday to Ethan!@

Kirsten & Midge said...

What is picasa? Is it a program you purchased? Cute photos.