Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Independence Day 2010... Divided

So, ignore the fact that Independence Day was 7 1/2 weeks ago and just be happy for me that I finally finished one of my overdue posts!

This year we spent Independence Day as a family divided... Sean and Ethan were back home in Washington while I was in Utah with my mom and sisters [that post still to come!] and therefore this post is dedicated to my boys! Here's what they were up to on the 4th... After church they donned their matching flag shirts [I was wearing mine in UT] and headed over to the Dahls for a huge BBQ and Independence Day celebration along with about 50 other families from our new ward. Ok, maybe just 5 or 6, but still... there were a lot of people there.
Here are my boys in their matching shirts. Dang finger smudge on the camera lens. Just pretend that's not there!

Ethan had fun playing with all the other kiddos there.

Of course, Maddy C. was his #1 buddy. I love these pictures of them watching the fireworks through their "binocular hands". :)

And finally, the fireworks. These are soooo NOT Oregon fireworks!! Oregon's consumer fireworks have to stay on the ground and most make annoying high-pitched whistling sounds. Washington fireworks, however, are like stadium fireworks - launched into the air and make KABOOM! sounds. I think I like WA at-home fireworks a little better. [No wonder so many OR residents come to WA to get the "illegals"!]

Stay tuned... Toftdahl girls Utah trip posts are in the works!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

That was sad that they couldn't come! But it looks like they still had fun! Sure did miss them though!

Marsaili said...

wow, I'm so behind on reading our blog, but catching up now! I'm actually shocked that buying fireworks is legal in either state, but then, CA is a dried up tinderbox and you get lots of rain so it's less dangerous. We do have one town nearby where they're legal, they are the whining ground kind tooo. I want some WA fireworks!