Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 Primary Class

Sean and I were first given the calling to teach the 10-11 year olds together {he has since moved on to serve in the YM presidency}. The class was labeled as being "energetic". Yeah, I knew that was a nice way of saying they were rowdy! Well, I survived the whole year with them. Originally I had six active {you can read that either 1. active because they came to church almost every Sunday or 2. active because they couldn't sit still for more than 20 seconds - both are quite accurate!} boys and four active girls, although some Sundays I would have 12 kids!! Mid-summer one of the boys moved away and at the beginning of the school year one of the girls moved away. :( As crazy as these kids were, they were fun. Never, and I mean never, a dull moment in my class! We studied the Old Testament this year and I know my understanding of it definitely grew. I have always struggled with studying and learning and understanding the scriptures, so having to teach it to Primary-age kids has helped me out a lot. I actually remember the stories now! Anyway, here are a couple pictures of my class on one of our last Sundays together {they move up to a new class next year}.

The "nice" picture.

And this is a little more typical of their behavior!!

2 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Holy cow I LOOOOOOOOVE your beanie in the top pic! Soooooooooooo sooooooooooo sooooooooo cute! I wish it was mine!

Kirsten & Midge said...

Cute post. What a fun opportunity to teach together.