Our Thanksgiving weekend started with our road trip down to Oregon Wednesday afternoon. We made a quick stop to pick Christine up from a friend's house {
she hitched a ride from some friends at BYU and got to squeeze in a car with 4 other guys as they traveled through a snow storm!} and then decided to also stop in Salem for Five Guys burgers because we were starving!
Ethan on the drive down. * Thanksgiving Day *Mom and I had stayed up late finishing up some of the dinner prep {
I made grandma Sandy's rolls for the first time ever and had to shape them and put them in the pan and then leave them to rise overnight}
and then Sean had some acid reflux issues
and then Ethan woke up early
plus my dad couldn't sleep {
I think he said my mom was snoring} so NONE of us really slept well. It was a good thing no one was coming until 2pm because we were a little sluggish. Anyway, the first order of business was figuring out the table arrangement in the living room so we could all eat together.

We ate with my mom's side of the family: 11 adults, 2 teens and 3 little boys. As expected, the food and the company were equally wonderful!


After dinner {
my rolls turned out great, by the way!} we had our now-traditional game of Bingo. Followed by couch lounging and goofy picture taking.
* Friday *Lizzy, Christine and I braved the cold, the crowds and the crazies to do some Black Friday shopping in the wee hours of the morning. We started at Target for DVDs, a hair straightener for Lizzy and a few other things. Next we hit up Walmart for a
Shark steam mop for Sean and I {
and a sunglasses pic w/ my sisters}.

There was NO LINE at the check-out!! How is it that on BLACK FRIDAY, one of the busiest shopping days of the year, I don't have to wait in line and every other time I have to shop there the lines are horrible?!
What's up with that?!After an egg mcmuffin and hash brown breakfast run to McDonald's
{where we got a good laugh seeing this in the parking lot and chained to the bike rack}

we headed to the mall to see what other damage we could do! At the last store we went to, Lizzy pointed out this adorable hat she'd been eyeing.

Of course, she had no money with her and asked if I'd loan her the $5 since it was half-price. I agreed and told her to grab me one while she was at it. Well, Christine saw it and decided she had to have it too! So we all bought one. Ha ha!!

Seriously, we got so many compliments on our hats from random people!! One chick was even outside the restaurant we ate lunch at and tapped on the window to get our attention, point to her head and then the hats and give a thumbs up. Our second to last stop was Old Navy where we ran into both my mom and Grandma Sandy! Grandma treated us all to lunch at Mucho Gusto and it was fun to spend some time with just the girls.

By the way, Sean more than willingly agreed to stay at my parents house to watch Ethan {
and sleep in} while I got up to catch the sales. After we got home and after several failed attempts, Lizzy and I finally figured out how to curl her hair with the straightener. Granted, we had to sit down in front of the computer and watch the online tutorial while I tried to mimic on Lizzy's hair what I was watching on the screen but I only burned her once... maybe twice. And it was SO CUTE when we finally got it! That evening, halfway through the Oregon Duck football game we decided to go out to Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Chuck's house to watch the 2nd half of the game since they have satellite TV and my parents do not. Oh, and Sean and I also decided to stay one more night.
* Saturday *Got to sleep in thanks to my mom and Sean. I was exhausted. Limited, non-restful sleep on Wednesday night and lack of sleep Thursday night led to me falling asleep on the living room floor with Lizzy Friday night. Once everyone else was finally going off to bed, though, I got up and re-crashed in bed and slept oh-so-well. :)
In the afternoon, we ventured out to go see Tangled, but the first theater we tried sold out of the showing we wanted while we were waiting in line. No worries. We killed some time with a visit to Santa {
Christine was in stealth-mode and snuck this picture of Ethan chatting it up with Santa}!



Then headed to the other theater to catch a later showing of Tangled and LOVED it!! Great movie. Highly recommend it for boys and girls, young and old.

And that's about it. We had a great Thanksgiving weekend and have much to be thankful for.
4 comments:
That sounded busy!!! I love Thanksgiving and wish we could have been there!
Loved Tangled, and I went to Wal-Mart to get the Shark too!!!
It's good to hear you liked Tangled. Paul wasn't looking forward to it, but now I can tell him I've heard its good! My kids crack up during the whole trailer, so I'm sure they'll like it. Your boy is still so cute!
It was a great Thanksgiving! And your rolls did indeed turn out wonderfully delicious! Loved them! It was fun seeing everyone... we really need to figure out how to get together up here!
Jealous, jealous, JEALOUS! Your big thanksgiving sounds awesome, your hats are super cute, and you got to see Tangled!
So fun, sounds like a blast. You and your sisters are so cute!
Post a Comment