Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Cookware Set Arrived!

There is always great excitement when the UPS or Fed-Ex truck rolls down our street. Usually it's for our neighbor, but today... Today that Fed-Ex truck was for us! Ethan and I were busy listening to Christmas music {probably a little louder than necessary, but I knew our neighbors happened to be gone!} and deciding where our Christmas decorations should go {since this is our first Christmas in this house and we no longer have a mantle} when I heard the truck coming. My fingers were crossed when he stopped right in front of our house and pulled out a huge, obviously heavy box. I knew it had to be my cookware! Of course, all decorating had to temporarily stop while Ethan and I opened the large box and examined the contents. Yep! All 13 pieces of hard-anodized pots, pans and lids were there. Yahoo!These babies are heavy-duty! And oven safe. I always see the cooks on Food Network taking their pans from stove-top to oven and I've always been to chicken to try it.And, of course, how gorgeous is brand-new cookware, void of oil splatter burns, water spots and other stains? Although, anything looks prettier when it's FREE! {And I just noticed that I forgot to grab the steamer when I took these pictures... oops!}

Once everything was unpacked, Ethan got busy playing with all the cardboard and the box. The cardboard pieces all became roads and building for his cars and the box was just something to play in!
Oh, and I have to show you this cute shirt we got on clearance at Target a couple weeks ago. Ethan spotted it, but it was not in his size. We dug a little deeper and found the only other one like it was a 3T, still a little short, but we couldn't pass it up!

Ethan was convinced that when I tilt the camera to the side, he also has to turn his head! He he he!!

Uncle Ryan/Dr. Southworth... This picture's for you! :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

SCORE!!!! Those pots are gorgeous. Mine are hideous.

That shirt is so cute!!

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Awesome! I got anadozied cookware for Christmas last year and I still love it! It is so easy to cook and clean with.

Kirsten & Midge said...

Congrats. I'm jealous.