Since Halloween was on a Sunday this year, we did all our Halloween fun on Saturday. First up was the annual party at the Colemans {
of course, since we've known them less than a year, it was a first for us!} and it did not disappoint! Lots of friends from our new WA ward, tasty treats and fun costumes. This was one of the faves:

"Bun in the oven and the baker" + their little girl as Alice in Wonderland.

Spiderman, the "Gruesome Twosome" and a stick figure. {
It was pretty cool to see when you turned out the lights!}

Blue from Blue's Clues, cowgirl, fairy and you can see Popeye in the upper left picture.

Brandon as... something spooky!!

Sean went as an extreme Oregon Ducks fan! Very fitting, since we won the game that night!

Lack of time and ideas led me to one of my stand-bys: a witch with awesome eye make-up!
After the party, we all headed over to the church for the carnival and Trunk-or-Treat. Ethan wasn't too into the games, but did enjoy the fishing game and the bean bag toss.


Ethan was so anxious to dig into his candy when we went around to the cars for the trunk-or-treat, that he didn't even go to all the cars!! But he had fun and has loved having his own little stash of treats. We came home, got him ready for bed and then dropped him off at another family's house so we could share a baby-sitter and headed to the Colemans for a scary movie. Supposedly a classic. Yeah, I think we did more laughing than jumping in fright. Some parts were just plain weird and only a handful of scenes were creepy or suspenseful. Probably for the best, though, since I'm not really a huge fan of scary movies!
Sunday we went to church and I took my class
candy corn cupcakes {
idea borrowed from Our Best Bites, of course!}.

I didn't get a very good picture, but the cake part was layered yellow, then orange, with a white frosting top - just like a piece of candy corn! So clever, I know.
After church, we just hung out at home and I made Ethan up a special Halloween dinner:

Mummy hot dog, Halloween shapes mac-n-cheese, monster apple and green milk!
Oh, and what did our little guy dress up as for the Saturday festivities?? A stud-muffin of a pilot!!

Though I had several inquiries as to whether he was supposed to be Maverick from Top Gun. You can totally see the similarities, right?!

Thanks again to my Uncle Steve who got the jacket for Ethan
last year and made my job so much easier this year when it came to putting together Ethan's costume - I just had to buy the sunglasses {got a 3-pack from Amazon for $10 w/ shipping}.
3 comments:
Dude I love Sean's costume! That is great! And nice touch with the makeup! :)
I am going to make Ethan's picture as my new background on my laptop! He is one fine looking stud!!
Those are some pretty creative costumes at that party...it's so fun when people really get into it. I need to work on that.
Your cupcakes and dinner are so festive, I love it. You're such a fun mom!
CUTE! Since you got a 3pack of aviators, I expect to see a family Top Gun pic and soon! :) And yes please on some Tom Cruise as Maverick! Those were the days before he started jumping on couches and stuff. Sigh. Looks like you had a spooktacular Halloween!
Post a Comment