Now, Ethan and I's day started with a visit from grandma Sandy and grandpa Chuck, passing through Vancouver on their way to Seattle area. Always fun when we have visitors and Ethan has to show them everything he owns! Once they left, I whipped up a batch of triple chocolate cookies courtesy of Our Best Bites - chocolate cookie with semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. Yes, they were da' bomb. And I had to take a picture with the flash because it made the red and pink sugar sprinkles sparkle!
Then I got to work on Sean's old school valentine. I did a candy bar card!
We’ve been friends since the day we met and I knew you were a MR. GOODBAR. Who else can give me the SNICKERS like you? I’m pretty sure the heavens parted and STAR^sBURST when we got married. And even though sometimes we get in a bit of a CRUNCH because, it’s not like we make 100 GRAND every PAY DAY you still bring this family MOUNDS of [ALMOND] JOY. You, me and Ethan, we’re like the 3 MUSKETEERS and it’s a sweet SYMPHONY when we’re all together… well, most of the time! Anyway, it’s safe to say that we both SKORed in being married for eternity.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Love you to [REESE’S] PIECES!
Jenn
I made up a plate of cookies and a few of the piesand then Ethan and I drove over to Sean's work. The lady at the front desk was very cooperative in letting us go back to the TA breakroom. We found out later we probably got there just minutes after Sean had finished his lunch break. Phew! Anyway, we put the cookies out on the table, hung up the card and put Ethan's present to Sean on his desk.
Next stop was Target {got a sweet deal on some new shoes for Ethan - on clearance for $4.98}, McDonald's {Ethan and I share a happy meal - he takes the apple slices and chocolate milk and I get the cheeseburger} and then Redbox for a free DVD rental. When we got home, Ethan put in his movie and then complained he wasn't feeling too well. Sure enough, he had a fever - about 102 degrees! So he rested and then eventually crashed on the couch while I picked up and packaged goodies for some friends.
Our evening was spent attempting and succeeding {for the most part} homemade pizza that started from a ball of dough. Why didn't anyone tell me that stuff is a pain to try and roll out?! Eventually we got it {mostly} circular and the size we wanted and then pepperoni was arranged in the shape of a heart. Yep, that's how we roll. I got an awesome picture of it, too, but for some reason our camera doesn't agree with me and says that it is an invalid image. Whatever. Our pizza was good and you'll just have to take my word on its cuteness.
Oh, and Ethan got a package in the mail from Nana and Papa!! Perfect timing!
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Tomorrow morning I am off to find some half-price roses to adorn our dining room table. I told Sean to skip the over-priced flowers this year and I'd see what day-after deals I could find. One year I got a dozen long-stem red roses on February 15th for about $3!! I'm hoping to have the same luck this year. :)
Triple Chocolate Cookies
[taken from Our Best Bites Candy Cane Kiss cookies and Cadbury Egg cookies]
1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
about 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, shortening and sugars for 1-2 minutes on medium-high or until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder in separate bowl. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by tablespoons and bake 8-10 minutes or until centers are set but still soft. Mine take right at 9 minutes.
Enjoy!!
2 comments:
I have been trying some Best Bites recipes as well since you said they were awesome. For V-Day I made the family chocolate waffles with strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Ryan and I loved them but the kids did not like the sauce, just the waffles.
Glad to hear you had a great Valentine's Day!
I want your cookies! Send them to me! :D
Post a Comment