He is my first grandparent and Ethan's first great-grandparent to pass away and he will be missed. On our last trip to Oregon, Ethan and I visited my mom's parents and, as usual, Ethan made a beeline for the toy box. When it was time to leave and since it was kind of hard to give Grandpa Ken a hug while he was in his chair, Ethan gave him a fist bump. There may have been a high-five in there too, I'm not sure. But I will remember the image of my 89-year-old grandpa fist bumping my almost-4-year-old son. :)
R.I.P. Grandpa Ken
May 19, 1921 - February 9, 2011
May 19, 1921 - February 9, 2011
3 comments:
That's a cute story. Sorry for your loss. It's so sweet to see those little kids with great grandparents...such good memories.
We're so sorry for your loss. We will always cherish our time spent with your grandparents. Thanks for sharing them with us while we were in Eugene. Please extend our condolences to the entire family.
I am so sorry. I am glad you guys were able to see him and spend time with him. That is important.
Post a Comment