The last few days are a blur of temperature taking, juice cup refreshing and DVD changing. After Monday, Ethan just got worse. At one point on Tuesday afternoon his temperature spiked to just over 104 degrees. He'd already taken some acetaminophen that morning, so we attempted to give him some more but within 5 minutes that and everything else he'd eaten was thrown up. So Ethan was a bum on the couch and hardly moved for a good 36 hours [other than sleeping in his own bed]. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings it was straight from his bed to the couch.

Luckily, his temp went down Tuesday night and stayed down most of yesterday despite his new symptoms of a stuffy nose and sore throat. Then yesterday afternoon his temp spiked again to 103 so I decided it was time to call the doctor and was happy they had an appointment with his regular pediatrician available. The verdict: an ear infection in his right ear and a possible virus. She said it was hard to say if the fever, etc. was related or something on top of the ear infection. Lungs, lymph nodes and throat all checked out, though, so that was good. So a prescription for amoxicillin was given and the first dose administered last night. I am happy to report that our little guy is doing much better. A little too much better if you ask me! He's still got a stuffy nose, but he seems to think his energy level should be back to normal.
In other news, we got snow yesterday! What a surprise to wake up to big flakes coming down yesterday morning. We didn't get much and it was gone by afternoon, but it was still fun watch while it lasted.


Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is what I got from Sean for heart day on Monday...

He hand-picked a box of my favorites from See's. Notice the 5 milk chocolate squares? Yeah, those are all caramels with almonds. My
favorite-favorite from See's. :)
And how did my day-after flowers hunt go?? Well, with Ethan being so sick, I couldn't exactly take him out in the morning like I wanted, so I went in search after Sean got home [and after the medicine throw-up fiasco]. I struck out at Safeway {
NO flowers on sale}, Freddies {
on sale but picked over} and Albertsons {
marked down, but not enough} but hit a homerun at Costco. I went in for milk and bread and found these beauties as I was headed to check-out.

One dozen long-stem fuchsia pink roses for $7.98!! They are so, so pretty!! And just look so happy and spring-y on our table. :)
3 comments:
Oh man fevers are the worst!! I'm glad he's feeling better though. Poor guy.
Something must be wrong with me because those chocolates look really good.
So sorry Ethan was sick :( It is kinda nice that they are so mellow and just want to cuddle though, the upside of sick babies. Glad he's feeling better. Sounds like he's making up for those mellow days ;)
Poor sickie! He somehow past it to me though! haha just joking! But I am sick! :(
Chocolates looked yummy and I love that you go flower hunting the day after! I was going to do that but I was too lazy and Matt said he was going to get me more later...we shall see if that happens! lol
Post a Comment