Monday, August 29, 2011

Klineline Lake

I feel like we should sing the Cheers song while talking about Klineline. Seriously, we love that place. It's an old rock quarry filled with water and it's only about 10 minutes from our house. It's got everything... Nice, green grassy areas; picnic tables; BBQ grills; huge, sandy shore for the kids to play; shallow end that goes out a good 15 ft., deep end with a dock; fishing; playground and only $3 for a day-use. Way cheaper that taking our family to the pool. It's got everything and that's why we love it! Plus, we always meet up with friends which makes it even better! Most days we either go early and pack a picnic lunch and or go later in the afternoon and brings coals and something to BBQ for dinner. I have gathered LOTS of pictures from Klineline over the past two summers {though I never posted any from last summer... should still do that!} but this post will just be from Klineline trips in July.

July 6th

Ethan and Maddy playing in the sand.

Ethan playing in the water. Not sure where he got the net!

Coleman kiddos. Love Michael's face in the bottom right picture!

Brandon - reminds me of those Wooly Willy magnetic face toys!

See the comparison?!?

July 20th - Brian's birthday

Celebrated Brian Coleman being 1/2-way to 70!

July 22nd

Love watching the kids in the water. And the adults always love a swim from the dock on the opposite shore to the beach area.

More to come from August trips to Klineline!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I think it was today that Todd told me I would be half way to 70 this year.