Thursday, September 1, 2011

We met Michelle Kwan!!

Totally random, but a couple weeks ago I got an email from Red Robin saying that Michelle Kwan was going to be at the PDX airport location for a Special Olympics event - I think she was presenting a check to Special Olympics on behalf of Coca-Cola and Red Robin, or something like that. Let's see, a chance to meet one of my all-time favorite ice skaters {who totally got robbed of the gold medal!!} just 15 minutes from my house - sounds good to me!

So Ethan and I went by ourselves (Sean was working at the fair) and we got to chat with Michelle, get our picture and she signed postcards that they were providing. We didn't get there in time for the check presentation, but they'd had a whole free brunch buffet set up for the event too.
Of course, Ethan was way more interested in the promise I'd made him that he could play one arcade game when we were done and just said a polite "thank you" when Michelle commented on how cute he is and his pretty blue eyes. After we got our picture and Ethan played his game, he picked out a red balloon {red IS his favorite color} and then we decided to treat ourselves to Yo-Cream.At Yo-Cream, Ethan got his with oreos on top. As usual, I wen the all-berry route. Mmmm... Love me some Yo-Cream!!

1 comment:

Chad and Jessica said...

When I saw the post title I said, Wha??? That's awesome. I love her!