Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oregon Coast 2011: Day 3

Day 3 of our little trip to the Coast started off with....
a breakfast of mini muffins!! Ethan loved these (part of the free breakfast). Me, not so much. I had some of my leftovers from the Newport Cafe.

Anyway, we loaded up the car, checked out of our hotel and headed to Nye Beach! I don't think we'd seen the ocean in almost 2 years! Isn't that sad?? We are so close to the Coast, but don't go nearly as often as we should. Pretty sure our last trip was Labor Day weekend 2009 w/ Tory {who gets home from his mission in less than 2 weeks! Ahhh!! We can hardly wait!!} It was a little overcast, but still so nice to spend the morning at the beach. Ethan played in the sand and the waves, Sean played in the sand with Ethan and I dipped my toes in the chilly Pacific and took pictures. We were all happy as clams {had to throw that in there for the beach reference!}





I so wish I hadn't missed part of this action shot!

Love this picture of Ethan!

I guess I played in the sand a little, too!

Fisherman's knot bracelet I got at the Aquarium (which I don't think I included in what we got from the gift shop). I loved the beachy colors.

I thought these footprints were a little odd - looked like men's dress shoes. Yeah, I tried following them and had to leap from footprint to footprint. Whoever it was was tall and had a looong stride!

Beach toes!

Oh my heavens, he is a cutie!

Family pic #1 - beach view

Family pic #2 - ocean view


And Sean's such a good dad, he let Ethan destroy their sandcastle/village thing! :)




After the beach we headed on up North to Tillamook for a little Cheese Factory tour. Not much to it, but still fun to do. We watched them cut and package the cheese (no actual cheese-making was going on at the time), sampled some cheese, bought some cheese and then had ice cream!

The smoked black pepper white cheddar cheese is super good, just so you know.

And then we headed for home. No major traffic until about Beaverton and then a major slowdown. Ugh. That part of the trip was not fun. The rest was pretty dang good, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. Makes me want to go. We haven't been to Newport yet- it's next on the list. Hope you are having a great week!