He was so excited and I was so happy to see that he was excited. The Preschool is at one of the local high schools, 2 days a week for just over 3 hours. It is partially run by the students so they can get some work experience, but this also makes the cost a lot lower. Only $35 for this session, which will go until Christmas break - so 11 actual classes. This is exactly what I was looking for in a Preschool because I was kind of hesitant in sending him to one. Preschool seems to be one of the child-raising trends that comes and goes. I don't remember a lot of kids going to Preschool when I was younger, but now it seems pretty common. So, I wanted Ethan to get a Preschool experience a couple days a week, but I was not willing to pay a small fortune for him to go. I think this will work well for us. :) They even feed the kids a light lunch and another snack. Perfect! And, the icing on the cake, Ethan has FOUR friends from church in the class. Yay!
This morning he knew exactly what we were doing: eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth and go. to. School!! He was a little concerned, though, that he didn't have a backpack! There were no tears at drop-off or pick-up and I think he had a great time. He told me the lunch/snacks were a sandwich, carrots, raisins and apple with caramel and that he ate it. I looked online and found the menu and it said a turkey/cheese sandwich so I really curious to know if he ate that! It took him a while to even warm up to PB&J.
{Though the lighting is not the greatest in this picture... We were in a hurry to get out the door so we'd be there early.}
I have to admit, though, while there were no tears on my part at drop-off, I didn't get a little sad filling out his admission form and realizing we have no family close enough to be back-up for pick-up and/or emergency call. In the almost 2 years we have lived up here, I have never felt so far from any family than I did just filling out that dang little form!
And what is Ethan doing right now?? Out cold, sleeping in the recliner!
2 comments:
So cute! He is the smiliest kid. Scarlet is that way. That sounds like a perfect situation. I'm glad you have it! I'm glad there were no tears. Everyone else I know couldn't sleep the whole week before.
Woah woah woah... back up.... did you say 11 classes for $35??? Holy cow! I would have jumped on that too! The preschools around here are more like $150-200/month for twice a week! I am jealous... though I do really enjoy doing preschool on my own. And you can't feel too bad about living far from family. Ours is much farther! It does stink though... we've never really been able to use them as emergency. It's a good thing we've built some close friendships with other couples! Glad to see Ethan loved it! Can you believe he will be in Kindergarten next year??
Post a Comment