Monday, November 14, 2011

Preschool Dress-up Thursdays: Costumes

Thursdays are dress-up days at Ethan's preschool. From what we have on hand, Ethan could pick from pilot (last year's costume), knight (this year's costume) or pirate (just have the stuff on hand). He chose pirate. So Thursday morning I got him ready. We decided he would wear his black church pants, long-sleeve gray shirt and then this pirate vest I found on clearance at Target for 50 cents! Oh, and his Captain Hook pirate hat. It had to still be functional since they would be doing art stuff (i.e. possibly painting), outside, etc. He looked great!

[He's making a 'hook' with his finger.]

Took a couple pictures and then Ethan informed me he didn't want to dress up anymore.

Uhhh... what?!
Are you sure?
He decided he wanted to be a pilot.

The pilot "costume" consists of a bomber jacket my uncle gave him, a dog tag necklace that was an Army freebie at some outdoor event we were at years ago (Em's baseball game, maybe?) and some Aviator sunglasses. Well I couldn't find any of the "accessories" and I knew he wouldn't wear the bomber jacket all day so I put my foot down and told him we had to scratch that idea! I know, super nice mommy. But at that point, time was an issue and luckily Ethan didn't argue.

Phew!


Got to school and his teacher loved his costume.

"What a great pirate costume!" she said.

"Captain Hook." Ethan corrected her.

Day 2 of Preschool was a success. With macaroni necklaces to boot.

No comments: