* Date-night-movie-of-the-month: Well, I don't think there was one... But I could be wrong! I really don't remember. I even tried searching through movie releases, but I'm pretty sure we didn't see anything.
* New calling: Have I mentioned I got a new calling?? Well, actually, an in-addition-to calling. I'm still the Primary teacher for the 10-11 year olds, but now I am also an Activity Day leader. They kind of go hand-in-hand, since I already work with a lot of the girls on Sundays. We have Activity Days twice a month, which makes Thursdays a bit hectic at our house on those nights. Sean has a vocal lesson at 6pm and we have to leave right after that. Dinner is usually a quick bite to eat before Sean's student comes or we pick something up on our way home from the church. It also means no chance at getting Ethan to bed before 9pm. We're making it work, though! My very first activity was spent making decorations for a Daddy/Daughter Halloween party and then two weeks later we had the party.

* More jam! If you'll recall from September's Recap post (clear back at the end of November!), I made jam for the first time - strawberry. Well, in October, I made peach jam - or, as I like to call it, golden goodness!! I love peach jam - especially on buttered toast.

* Green smoothies: I have turned a new page in my smoothie making. I have added SPINACH!! A nice, healthy handful (probably about a cup) of spinach in every smoothie. You can't even taste it and I love that I'm adding a green, leafy vegetable serving without even trying. Even Ethan gulps down these smoothies! This particular one was with banana and pineapple, but my usual smoothies are banana, frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup orange juice, any other berries we have on hand and spinach. YUM! Try it!

* Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider cookies: I didn't mean for this post to be so food-based, but I guess that's what it's turning out to be. Thanks to Pinterest, I found this little beauty of a recipe and had to try it! Spiced apple cider packets in the dough and each cookie formed around a caramel square. I tried them out for the first time for treats for our ward's Super Saturday craft day thing and they were a huge hit!!! Like, empty-plate, people-begging-for-the-recipe hit!
Word of caution, these cookies get stale quick and start to crumble and fall apart within just a couple days. Make them the day you plan to eat them!* Mummy Bars: Another idea via Pinterest (and one of my favorite crafting blogs: The Idea Room) that I made for my Primary class since Sunday was the day before Halloween. Cute, easy and cheap AND the kids liked them! [Photo and idea found here: http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/10/halloween-mummy-birthday-party.html]

* Stuff I Already Blogged About:
Pumpkin Patch
Surprise Oregon Visit for my Parents' Birthday
Ethan's First Primary Program
Halloween
Alright! Done with that! Now I just have November, December and January recaps.... :/
No comments:
Post a Comment