If you'll recall from last year's Valentine's Day post, Sean and I try to keep it pretty simple for the holiday of love. I have told Sean {on several occasions, just to reassure him!} that I am perfectly happy with the cliche flowers or chocolates or both. That's just how I roll.
For Sean, I tend to lean toward the corny, but cute. Last year I went the candy bar card route (see link above) and this year I wanted to do something similar. This is what I came up with:
The "You're Da Bomb" was an idea I found on Pinterest and loved the moment I saw it! So cheese-ball and funny, I couldn't resist. Just took Rolos and wrapped them in red construction paper and then added a black pipe cleaner to complete the dynamite look. Originally I had hoped to find some Crush soda in glass bottles for the "I've got a major CRUSH on you", but they didn't have any at Winco when I went, so I settled for cans. And finally, Reese's Pieces is a favorite candy of Sean's and from there it was easy to add the "I Love You to Pieces" tag. Corny. Cheap. Cute. Love it!And it looked great on Sean's desk when we went and delivered them {in secret spy mode so we weren't caught!} at work. I'm hoping it was fairly unexpected since I had sent him to work with a huge plate full of triple chocolate chip cookies to share!
I also made/gave him this:
- Dr. Seuss
Back in December, I found this quote on Pinterest and thought it was cute and pinned it to my "Inspiring" board. Not more than a week later Sean posted the same quote on Facebook and tagged me. It was meant to be, I tell ya!! So I downloaded a "Dr. Seuss" font, printed the quote on cardstock and printed a picture from the day we were sealed for eternity in mutual weirdness. :)
Now, in past years, I have also told Sean that he can even wait on doing flowers until the day-after when they go on sale. This year he surprised me, though! With a beautiful bouquet delivered to our door on Valentine's day. {I had horrible lighting when I tried to take these pictures, though, which doesn't do these flowers justice!} I LOVE the dark fuchsia roses!
Throughout the day, Sean sent me texts saying some of the different things he loves about me - they were so sweet and really made my day. And that night, after he got done with work and piano lessons, he surprised me again with a box of chocolates - which we shared.I had to laugh a little when I opened the card from Sean... Notice any similarities between the one he got me and the one I got him??
I attempted to do "fancy" with dinner that night... Steak, twice-baked potatoes, green salad, crusty bread and sparkling cherry juice. Ethan got FM deli mac-n-cheese. I figured it was a holiday and he should get to eat one of his favorites, too!
I am so in love with these two boys of mine and I loved our low-key, fun Valentine's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment