The first two pictures are from the upper level and the picture of Sean and I below shows all of the different levels. Pretty cool.
Next we went over to OHSU/Dornbecker's to visit my friend who was working - she's a nurse and just recently started working in pediatrics. After that, it was over to ClaimJumper for dinner. We met back up with my mom, Christine, John and Elisabeth. Elisabeth didn't see the show, but was nice enough to help watch my cousin's little boy while he and his wife went to the temple. Then she hung out at their place while we were at the show.
At the restaurant, Sean went with one of his favorite: ribs.
I opted for a sandwich. I thought that the tri-tip/ham/turkey sandwich sounded yummy. I should've known, though, when it was labeled in the menu as 'The Motherload" - this is what arrived at our table:
Holy moly, that is a BIG sandwich! I even asked the server, "how do people eat this?!" He just smiled and said, "enjoy your meal!" Gee, thanks. Well I managed to disect and eat 1/2 the sandwich in sections. I saved the other half and made TWO full sandwiches for Sean and I for lunch the next day!
Finally, we got some dessert - to go - and stopped by my cousin, John and his wife, Stephanie's new place in Beaverton. They have a nice new townhouse with an awesome floorplan and great storage - I'm totally jealous! We brought them a slice of motherload chocolate cake from ClaimJumper - yep, just as tall as the sandwich - in honor of their birthdays and anniversary (all on the same day, earlier that week). After lots of chatting, it was back on the road to pick up one very sleepy little boy from some very loving and generous great grandparents that graciously watched him for us the WHOLE day - Thank you!! It was a fun day and great to spend so much time with my wonderful hubby. :)
10 comments:
Looks like you had a fun day. You should go to my sister's website, she can make you a header and background to match!
That water thing looks awesome! Claim Jumper is so yummy...but dang, that sandwich is ginormous!
I love when grandparents watch the kids, it's the best!
Wow that is a huge sandwich and a lot of meat...kinda makes me hungry.
Holy crap!!! That's insane! Sounds like one heck of a trip though!...(and what heck of a meal) haha
Looks like you had a wonderful time! And the FOOD YUMMO!!!
Come check out my website. I can make you a header and a layout to match.
Oh how I love and miss Portland (Mainly my Sister and the temple!)and Oregon in general.
Its fun to have grandparents so close that you can get away like that. Looks like a ton of fun. I love the water park thing. Too cool. I also love the look of that sandwich! Holly Huge!
ok i had no idea those water fountains were somewhere up here in portland! You will have to tell us how to get there so we can check it out!
And thanks again for that super yummy cake..... i think john still dreams about it at night. We are gonna have to go and get some more!
That sandwich does not mess around. I'm glad you had such a good time! I'm ridiculously jealous that you went to Phantom. Next year, how about you go to Boston, and I'll go to Phantom, and then we'll both be equally cool! :)
Not sure on the house thing yet, it was a spur of the moment fluke thing that turned into a real thing, really really fast. I will definitely be posting updates though, things are moving quickly :)
Whoa...that sandwich. I want one! And Phantom...I've always wanted to see it but never have (just the movie). I've seen Les Mis twice and absolutely loved it (was way better in Portland than at the Hult--which in my opinion had horrible accoustics at the time--maybe they've changed that now?) Anyway, I wish I could be the grandparents that watch Olivia instead of G&G Pete! We need to move closer. Also, I'm glad you get to get out and have some breaks and fun!
We missed you today at church! I didn't get my 'Ethan-grin' fix!
Post a Comment