Recently I read this on a shirt I saw on strawberrypearl studios (which I linked to from my favorite food blog, Our Best Bites)...
boy (noun): dirt that wiggles
This is so true of our little Ethan!
This summer he has discovered a love for the great outdoors!
We have been loving our backyard ever since we took that one Saturday to really clean it up: lots of weeding, planting a garden and some flowers, mowing the lawn, clearing the patio, etc. etc. Ethan just loves to be outside, especially when we let him dig and play in the dirt. He has his favorite dump truck that he likes to fill up with all sorts of rocks, pinecones and other "treasures".
The other night he went to town collecting all of his treasures and pushing his dump truck all around the yard. It wasn't until a little later that I realized just how dirty he was! Oh, to be so carefree!



I even got a little video of him... thought the grandparents would get a kick out of it!
Anyone else's little boys (or girls!) like to play in the dirt so much??
This is so true of our little Ethan!This summer he has discovered a love for the great outdoors!
We have been loving our backyard ever since we took that one Saturday to really clean it up: lots of weeding, planting a garden and some flowers, mowing the lawn, clearing the patio, etc. etc. Ethan just loves to be outside, especially when we let him dig and play in the dirt. He has his favorite dump truck that he likes to fill up with all sorts of rocks, pinecones and other "treasures".

The other night he went to town collecting all of his treasures and pushing his dump truck all around the yard. It wasn't until a little later that I realized just how dirty he was! Oh, to be so carefree!


I even got a little video of him... thought the grandparents would get a kick out of it!Anyone else's little boys (or girls!) like to play in the dirt so much??
10 comments:
UH...yeah!Mostly zachary, tony is kinda girlie and likes to stay clean.
That is an awesome definition! He looks so happy.
It's amazing how interested kids are in life. It's great. What an example they are. Jennifer! You commented so much!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Thank you, you are so sweet. Amy has been having a really hard time. I would love for you to visit. Unless she's so ill she can't talk- she really REALLY just needs visitors and friends to talk to come over and talk to her. Otherwise she lays on the couch feeling crappy. That would be so great for you to visit her. Thanks.
Oh my gosh. And that boy definition. SO FUNNY!!!! Made me laugh out loud.
Jenn - you post the most fun blogs - I love reading them! Well, there are words to describe the boy. Adorable doesn't even come close!
Lack of sleep! Should read :there are NO words: ! duh on me!
Spencer loves dirt also. My neighbor has a little 2 year old boy and she told me she's always dreamed of having a little boy who would get all dirty playing. I remember as kids my brothers dug a huge hole in the yard and another summer they built a big fort. I also attempted to build an above ground swimming pool out of wood with plastic in it. Never got to fill it up because by the time I got around to filling it up the plastic had holes in it. Any way, I'm grateful to parents who let us get dirty and have these fun adventures.
If they like to get dirty they need to get dirty. I remember my dad(?) saying that his mom(?) (I could be thinking of someone else--but my father will work in this instance) wouldn't let him get dirty. I can't imagine! We clean up so well. Life is so short. I'm glad you let him have fun. Now me? I am not too thrilled about dirt--unless there's a shower good and close by. ...digging in the garden is great fun though.
Elijah is happiest when he has a coating of mud or dirt on him. It is not unusual for me to have to give him multiple baths a day! That definition is perfect for little boys!
Havent yet gotten to the point where I will let summer play out side and get dirty. But im sure that time is comming. He looks like he is really enjoying himself. :)
Post a Comment