* A visit from Kermit.
Sean spotted this little fella in our house late one Sunday night just before bed.


He was hopping around our dining room! Sean caught him and built a make-shift home for him for the night because we knew Ethan would want to see it (you do weird stuff like that when you have kids). We're pretty sure it was a Pacific Tree Frog and we set him free the following evening. A couple weeks later I spotted him (or one of his brothers) keeping cool in the shade of our cucumber plant.* Lizzy donates to Locks of Love.
10+ inches later.
* Tengans (my aunt/uncle/cousins) visit from Utah over 4th of July weekend. Spend part of the 4th with them for our annual BBQ. Have cousins game night on Sunday to play Clue and hang out. Big family get-together for dinner at Hometown Buffet on Monday and then my cousin Niki and I finally got a "girls night out" their last night. We went to go see...
I love a good Sandra Bullock romantic comedy!* Speaking of movies, Sean and I's date-night-movie-of-the-month was Harry Potter. I have now officially seen every movie for every HP book I have read. Yes, still need to read the final and at this point would like to start over and re-read the entire series before I even think about starting the seventh book. There's just too much I have forgetten over the years.
Anyway, it was a good movie... though I missed the "epic" battle at the end. Compared to the book, the ending was pretty low-key.* Chocolate chip cookies and pancakes. Kinda random, but I have some cute pictures...
I made chocolate chip cookies one Sunday morning before church and Ethan decided to be my little helper at the end. He stirred in the chocolate chips and then did a taste-test for me.



And then, personally, I was pretty impressed with my mickey mouse pancake. Thank you very much!

* Ethan lovin' him some watermelon. He's already eaten most of one by himself and I've got another one on the counter that needs to be sliced. But don't try cutting it into cubes and giving it to him... he prefers to eat his slices straight from the rind!

This is the remains after a typical lunchtime watermelon binge!* Garden Update: We enjoyed 2 huge cucumbers from our garden toward the end of the month and have tomatoes and even more cucumbers ripening up for August. Yum, yum - can't wait! Our jalapeno pepper is also sloooowly coming in.




* Christine's 21st Birthday on July 6th!
* Tory gets his mission call to.... Paraguay! He reports to the MTC in November.
* Some current Ethan phrases we love to hear:
"Yeah, take a look!"
"That's Ethan's cucumber." (when in our garden)
"You look nice, mommy!" (a personal favorite)
"How come?"(ok, this one is actually pretty annoying)
"Captain Ethan!" (when wearing his Capt. Hook hat from Disneyland)
I think everything else I have pretty much already covered...* Tory gets his mission call to.... Paraguay! He reports to the MTC in November.

* Some current Ethan phrases we love to hear:
"Yeah, take a look!"
"That's Ethan's cucumber." (when in our garden)
"You look nice, mommy!" (a personal favorite)
"How come?"(ok, this one is actually pretty annoying)
"Captain Ethan!" (when wearing his Capt. Hook hat from Disneyland)
* 4th of July celebrations
* Girls Camp for me the last week of July
* Our anniversary (though we technically haven't really celebrated, so I still need to post once we get our date night)
* Mt. Pisgah hike



6 comments:
Wow! That's a lot to remember to comment on... I'm sitting here at work eating my tacos and taking a short break so I decided to read your blog. I have yet to read the girls camp post. Eventually I will be able to!!! I loved your Mickey Mouse pancake. Very impressive. I didn't know about Tory--how exciting!!! And good for your sis--donating to Locks of Love. You are one busy family!
Looks like you had a good month! I like the pancakes they look really good. The cookies look very tasty as well.
How have you not read the 7th Hairy Potter? I don't understand. And what do you mean you watched the whole movie but missed the end? HOW!!!!! Were you about to pee your pants? Did you somehow fall asleep? HOW! HOW! HOW!? Ok, I looked at your Girls Camp pics and the ones of you kick boxing- impressive. I would not want to be kicked by you. That's awesome.
Megan -
Sorry, no I did not miss the end of the movie... I meant it wasn't like the book because it didn't have the big, epic battle. It was kinda low-key compared to the book. I guess that was a little confusing. I'll have to re-write that part!
And thanks for the compliment on the kickboxing. I only use it in defense... never to attack. ;) [Like I could really do any damage to anyone!]
Do you have a lot of frogs where you live? With the Harry Potter books, I just have Todd read them and fill me in on the things I want or need to know. I do that with the Twilight books. Saves time on having to read them. Wow! maybe I should rent Todd out to a college student. He could read the text books and let them know the things they need to know.
That Frog was awesome! "Come one issy, were going to go look at the frog house!" lol soooo cute!:)
Post a Comment