Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree!

We decided to try something new this year... rather than buying our Christmas tree from a lot at 8:00 at night {Yes, that late! Remember, we used to have crazy work schedules including over an hour commute for Sean.} we decided we would cut down out own tree. We actually live just a couple of miles from a tree farm, so we headed out Friday afternoon.

Of course, Ethan loves any excuse to run around and be wild and there's lot of room to do just that at a tree farm!

He's such a goofball!

After much searching, we found the tree.
Sean cut our tree down for us. Pretty sure that's in the husband/father job description! {Funny side story: Ethan was so anxious to go, he kept telling me we didn't need daddy to come with us! To which I replied that daddy most definitely had to come with us because I would not be cutting down the tree!}Then we tried to do a family picture {and a quick one of mommy and Ethan} in front of the tree. Yeah, we didn't have much luck!
Anyway, we paid for our tree, had them shake and bale it and headed for home.

I love seeing a Christmas tree tied to the roof of our car!


And I love this picture I caught at just the right time! My boys, the Christmas helpers.

2 comments:

Greg and Julie said...

Hmm that sounds like such of a nice trip. My visual with our tree hunting is - it is just about dark, pouring down rain, muddy, look at and analyze 75 trees, go back and get the 2nd tree we saw, down in the mud sawing a 6" trunk with wet nettles falling down my back, hauling it back to the truck - getting home and sawing another 1" off the bottom to make sure it is fresh and then every one wonders why it dies in our 70+ degree plus house...I LOVE the holidays. Glad YOUR trip was magical! ;-) Dad

Emily said...

AWESOME! Ethan is so photogenic, his smiles are so cute!

Your tree is awesome, and the tree farm sounds way better than home depot, which is where we'll be going on Friday night.