Monday, March 14, 2011

TV Junkie

Let me just say right up front, there will be no pictures in those post. I have no cute random Ethan pictures of the past week and no desire to have my red-nosed, sleep-deprived eyes and make-up free face to be photographed. And don't even get me started on my hair. Frizz city, folks! You may recall from my last post that I got a completely random and totally over-powering bout of stomach flu or something similar last Sunday. By Tuesday I was good-to-go and then by Friday? By Friday I had a sore throat, cough and the beginning of some soon-to-be massive sinus issues. What the...? Really? That's right. Sick again. For the third time in less than 3 weeks. Saturday and Sunday were much, much worse. I missed church again and Sean had to sub for me. I don't know that I've ever had to miss back-to-back Sundays at church because I was sick. Traveling, yes. But not because I got sick with TWO different things (cold? flu? virus?). So over these past few weeks, when I've been down for the count and trying to rest up, there has been a lot of TV watching in our house. As much as I hate to admit it, when I'm sick, the TV is on most of the morning. It's pretty much the only way I can get any rest and it keeps Ethan entertained. Don't judge. In fact, please tell me I'm not the only mom who resorts to this! Anyway, when it's not Ethan watching something, then it's usually me. I caught up on the entire last season of Biggest Loser, several missed episodes of What Not To Wear and have watched more movies than I can count {as a side note, we have a year of free Starz movie channels since we've been with the same satellite company for so many years - I have been taking advantage of watching movies that I missed from '09 and '10 that I can record and watch commercial-free}. And then there was last night. When my insomnia hit. Luckily I had already decided to sleep on the couch so as not to disturb Sean because I slept so horrible on Saturday night. I tried to sleep, I really did. But my throat hurt, one nostril was plugged and I was either too hot or too cold or had to go to the bathroom because I have been really, really good about drinking lots of fluids. So I finally decided not to fight it, moved to the recliner and turned on the TV. I watched part of an infomercial for the Ahhh Bra and part of an infomercial for the NuWave oven and then decided to just see what was on the DVR. Four episodes of The Vampire Diaries later and the sinus pressure was finally starting to ease up. By this time it was about 5am and regular TV was starting to come back on, so I drifted in and out of sleep with A Baby Story on in the background.

Anyway, I am SO READY to be better! And to be a wife and mom again!! Sean has been really good about taking care of me and having to deal with Ethan. I haven't cooked a real meal in weeks and am just grateful that laundry was caught up before this last round of blech hit. I promise I really do have more interesting blog posts in the works including February's Recap (with lots of pictures!), some recent craftiness and a girls weekend in Seattle. For now, though, I'm going back to the recliner with my water bottle, blanket and, of course, the remote.

No comments: