Thursday, April 21, 2011

March Recap

As I was adding pictures to this post, I was having a hard time thinking of what to write about for the month of March and then I remembered... I spent the first half of the month sick! Anyway, the rest of the month was fairly low-key, so not too many pictures this time.

* Date-night-movie-of-the-month: It seems like we were deciding between this and another movie, but I'm so glad we went with the latest Matt Damon flick. It was SO GOOD!!!! Sean and I both loved it and I would highly recommend it.

* Imagination Movers. This was very last minute and a very good deal and very fun! The whole experience is well documented in here. {This was just after I finished recovering from February's head cold, but before the stomach flu and my second head cold hit. Lucky me!}

* Visitors!
1. Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Chuck came by for a few hours on Saturday the 12th (they were in town for a funeral). This was also the day my final head cold hit and I spent the rest of the afternoon/night on the couch.
2. Quick visit from Christine (my mom and Lizzy) on Saturday the 19th. My Utah sister came to Oregon for Spring Break (got here on Tuesday), but unfortunately this was right in the middle of the (previously mentioned) final head cold, so Ethan and I weren't able to meet her down in Springfield. We did, however, get to spend a little time with her the Saturday that she left because her ride home lived not far from Vancouver.3. My mom and Lizzy came up late Friday the 25th and spent the night. We stayed up way too late watching The Switch {which looked hilarious in the previews... it had its moments}, eating spaghetti and bread {after the mess pictured here was cleaned up} and triple chocolate cookies. We also snuck in an episode of Modern Family before finally going to bed - meanwhile, Sean was at a camp-out with the scouts from church. The next morning was pretty laid back and at the last minute I decided to go to the Woodburn outlet mall with them while my boys held down the fort. I'm not sure I even bought anything... nope just a smoothie at Jamba Juice. My mom treated us to Arby's for dinner and the three of us stayed for over an hour chattin' it up and laughing a little too loud for an indoor setting. It was good times. {PS: Lizzy - don't lick your phone. Seriously, that is disgusting.}

* Random pictures!
The monthly recap just wouldn't be complete without a picture of Ethan sleeping! I can't help it when I find him in such crazy positions. Oh, and it was dark in the room, I just don't know how to take a picture without using the flash.

Can I tell you how much I love the sight of underwear peaking out of the top of Ethan's pants?! It makes me smile. And then it reminds me that I have a post to finish about the adventures in potty-training as a first-time parent. Just know that Ethan is potty-trained. And has been for a while!

Keeping with the nudie-patootie Ethan pictures... Ethan loves taking a shower in our bathroom {which is just a shower instead of the tub/shower combo in the guest bathroom} and draws all over the steamed-up door.


Yeah, this picture doesn't really make me smile - just reminds me of the everyday messes and reality of being a mom, both the good and bad!

2 comments:

Greg and Julie said...

I too like the pictures of Ethan sleeping! He always looks like he is sleeping so good!

...and the picture of the cheerios on the floor - at our house that would have been in the carpet :-(

Dad

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Actually, the Cheerios spill was right in front of the kitchen sink - a failed attempt of putting his bowl in the sink - so it would have been on your kitchen floor. Still a mess, just not as permanent! ;)