Monday, April 4, 2011

Scenes from the Weekend: March 25th-27th

Alright, I've decided to try out a new "segment" on our blog {and hoping it doesn't screw up the "random pictures" I post on the monthly recap}: scenes from the weekend. This idea was lovingly stolen from the Busy Bee {aka Lauren}. Pretty simple concept, really - just a few pics snapped over the weekend accompanied by a brief description. I'm starting with the weekend before last and then I'll do last weekend. Here we go!

Friday 3/25
Good deed: Made dinner for a family who just welcomed baby #5 into the family. Spaghetti {w/ homemade sauce}, crusty artisan bread {w/ my own garlic/herb butter spread}, salad and triple chocolate chip cookies for dessert. So much cooking makes for a messy kitchen! {Oh, and Ethan was being a good boy and quietly watching a movie while I destroyed the kitchen.}


Friday 3/25
Ooops! Spoke too soon. THIS is what Ethan was doing while I destroyed the kitchen... Destroying the living and dining rooms. No good deed goes unpunished. Luckily, it didn't take too long to pick up {what felt like every toy he owns!} and get the living room back to normal. Good thing too, because my mom and sister were on their way up for a quick visit.

Saturday 3/26
I hope my mom doesn't kill me for posting this picture {luckily, I think she's about a month and a half behind on reading our blog - he he he!!} but I love Ethan's smile and their bright, blue eyes!

Saturday 3/26
Ethan and Grandma Julie reading stories and working on Ethan's learning books. He is one smart kid and is quickly getting better at counting objects. He can look at a group of 2-4 items and tell right away how many there are. Beyond that, he is working on correctly counting items {i.e. pointing and counting to each item, but stopping when he has counted them all}.


Sunday 3/27
My Primary class went from 11 kids the previous week to just 6 on this particular Sunday. Our lesson was "The House Built On a Rock" {i.e. the wise man built his house upon a rock, the foolish man built his house upon the sand... you know, the song} and I had the kids break into groups and "build" their own houses out of some random objects: paper, toothpicks and straws. It was a fun lesson and in the end we memorized D&C 11:24 - "Build upon my rock, which is my gospel."

2 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Ok, love that pic of his toys everywhere. Classic. That pic of him upclose- he looks just like you! Beautiful eyes and beautiful smile!

Mel D said...

I think the house built on a rock is my favorite lesson so far this year. I let them loose making houses with legos for the last 20 minutes of class. ;)

And you gave me a terrible craving for spaghetti!! I'm debating on making a pot even though its 12:30 in the morning!