Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Father's Day 2012
So the day after Sean's concert (see previous post) was Father's day and even with early morning church, we got things started right with a little breakfast in bed... French toast and meat!! :)
Sean opened one of his gifts so he could wear it to church... Nope, not a new tie... A new belt!! A much-needed, new belt! Then it was off to church where they totally forgot to do something for the Dads!! What the heck?!
Back at home we kept it low-key... Sean opened his other gift - another belt, this one a brown one, more for everyday - and a selection of his favorite candies. Dinnertime was a first in the Southworth house:
Ribs, real mashed potatoes and corn on the cob! Ok, the ribs were a first. Mashed potatoes and corn on the cob are not that rare! We cheated and bought the pre-seasoned, pre-sauced, pre-cooked ribs, but they were still tasty - even if it's not a personal fave of mine.
Ethan is very lucky to have Sean for his Daddy. He is tough, but fair and loving. He works hard for our family, which sometimes means we don't get to see him much. It also means that when we do and when we go out and do stuff as a family, Ethan makes sure he stays right with his Daddy as much as he can!
I'm so grateful for Sean and the love that he has for me and Ethan. He works hard, laughs harder and complains seldom.
P.S. A shout-out to my Dad, Father-in-Law and Grandpa....Thank you for the wonderful example you are of fatherhood and thank you for being an awesome Grandpa, Papa and Great-Grandpa!! We love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love love love love these moments you caught on camera to have forever! Sometimes I find myself wishing I brought my camera to the grocery store even to find these cute moments! I'm glad we're seeing some posts from summer...catching up is hard but you can do it!! (Also I'm dying to see more!)
Post a Comment