Ha! I tricked you with my non "Happy Mother's Day" post title.... decided not to follow the masses this year. ;) It just so happens that Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody is the first song that usually pops into my head when I hear "Mama" (Ooohhh ooOohh oohh Oh!)
Can I just say a huge "Happy Mother's Day" to all the moms out there? And I say "mom" in a very broad sense... anyone who loves a child and helps them to learn and grow is pretty much a "mom" in my book.
We have had a lovely Mother's day. We went to my parents' ward for church today and then over to their house for a fabulous pot roast lunch. My sisters and I were "sneaky, sneaky" this year and decided to go old school on my mom and make, yes make, her gift. We bought a couple of mosaic stepping stone kits, decided on designs and got busy on Friday night so they would have time to dry. Here are the finished products:

"Greg & Julie Est. April 6th 1981"
"Jennifer * Christine * Elisabeth"
And then from Sean and Ethan I got white roses (a favorite), some chocolate (another favorite) and the DVD 'Notting Hill' (now I can finally get rid of my VHS copy!) - they were 3 for 3! I also got a wonderful card from Sean... Mother's Day cards always make me cry because Sean always writes such nice things in them.
I think my favorite, though, was this from Ethan (made with love in Nursery at church). My very first set of hand prints!
My heart melted when I saw it. :)
I love, love, love being a mom. It is super challenging, but also super rewarding. I know I've said it before, but I truly enjoying watching as Ethan learns and experiences new things every day. I love listening to him talk and communicate and seeing his excitement over cars, trucks and other vehicles. He is one smart, beautiful and amazing little boy and I feel privileged to have him call me "mommy"... one of the best words ever!

I also have to pay tribute to my mom... she was my first and greatest example of how to be a good mom. I'm so thankful for all you do for me and my family. I'm thankful that my little boy gets to spend time with you 4 days a week while Sean and I work and not at some random daycare. You are an awesome grandma and I love that Ethan learned how to wrestle from you and that you have a cool stash of hot wheels cars for him to play with whenever he is over! I love you! ("Chase me, chase me!" "Don't chase me. That scares me!" He he he!!)

And I can't forget Lynnie, my mother-in-law. Thank you for helping to raise such a wonderful man and for welcoming me into the family with such open arms. I have always felt so at home and so comfortable when we come to visit... even before Sean and I were married. You are a great host!! Thanks for making our stays special - I know you go out of your way to do so. I wish we could visit more (I'm really wishing we could do another quick Memorial Day weekend trip this year!) but even still I know Ethan loves his Nana and I do too! 

With my little "punkin".
4 comments:
looks like you had a great mothers day!!!
What a wonderful post - (not just because you said nice things about me lol!). Speaking of that, what a lovely thing to say - I was overwhelmed and speechless! Kind words are the sweetest gift!
(This will post Loren, but it's the NANA!).
Happy Mothers Day! Ok, there was so much I haven't read in your blog, so I just skimmed and looked at pictures. HOLY CRAP!!! The firetruck cake! The EGGS!!!!! Greg and I are doing that next easter and forever on!!!! Those two things are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!! I was amazed. And Greg and I were oooing and aweing over the eggs for a good couple minutes.
okay, your husband is awesome! All I got for mother's day was an "oh yeah, happy mother's day." Jeff did say that my ring was a birthday/anniversary/mother's day present though. And I think i got him back by actualy forgetting his 30th b-day the next day. I'm so behind on my posts, still have to do a mom's day one.
Post a Comment