Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby Brother for a Day

Actually, it was more like baby brother for an hour...

Saturday, while Bro. Blair, Jeromy, Danae and I were decorating for the church dance Lizzy was helping to watch Ethan and also Danae's 5mo. old, Sam. Ethan really loved playing with Sam while he was on his blanket. He knew to play softly with him and had fun trying to get him to smile. It was really cute to watch him interact with a baby and not try to beat up on him or anything!

And then I hear it.

"C'mon, baby brother, c'mon!"

And then I feel it... Danae nudging me in the ribs... and laughing.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm getting it from the Relief Society ladies too. "Aren't you ready for another one??" Um, I'll let you know.
But no, I'm not pregnant. Thanks for checking. Again. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let anyone rush you into something as big as having another baby if you're not ready. As much as it is challenging, it is a lot of fun having a little bro or sis. Just ignore all those elbow pokes and questions and do it when you're ready. After all, they're not the ones that have to endure the sleepless nights...

Jennifer said...

Oh, don't worry. I'm very good at ignoring them!! :)

Megan and Greg said...

Ha ha! I'm surprised I haven't gotten any of those comments. I'm 27 and don't even have one! How have I gotten away with it? It seems I'm the only one. That's really cute though about Ethan. Nice to know he'll be ready when you are.

Shalene said...

He will be a good little brother...i can tell already...

Anonymous said...

That's so precious.