Friday, June 12, 2009

Makin' Pancakes

About a month ago, Ethan was playing in the dining room area with some measuring cups and pans we've designated for his use when he decided to pull out our small George Foreman grill. Next thing I know, I see Ethan lifting up the lid of the grill and using a measuring cup to "pour batter" onto the grill. He closes the top again and proudly announces, "I'm makin' pancakes!"

"Pancakes?!" I thought, "where did he get that idea???" It's not that we don't ever eat them, but it's not very often. Hmmmm....

Well, his "makin' pancakes" game has continued off and on since then - it is the first thing he says when he plays with his kitchen stuff. Then, just yesterday he is watching Special Agent Oso (a new show on Disney) when I hear on the TV that Oso's mission for that day was to help a kid mix up pancake batter. Aha! That has to be where he got it from because he often watches this show in the morning while I am getting ready for work. Sure enough, as soon as Oso and the kid were done mixing their batter Ethan decided he too was going to make some pancakes! And Sean, being the good dad that he is, made Ethan pancakes for breakfast since he was off yesterday.

Is anyone else drooling over that pancake picture at the top and craving pancakes now??

3 comments:

Shalene said...

Pancakes are so tastey...we actually had them for dinner last night!! It was good....

The Grahams said...

We just made blueberry pancakes for breakfast! And Jackson is also a big fan of Agent Oso.. watched that this morning too! Gotta love the Disney channel

Karen K. said...

Sheesh! Those look SOOOOOOOOOOO good! I am going to go and jump in the shower and take a cold one for my food porn addiction to that pancake pic! Actually I really was planning on getting in the shower next and hopefully it will help me to get over wanting carbs now!