Saturday.
June 20, 2009
It was a good day.
Last week (mid-week) I was thinking of weekend/Saturday plans for us and was leaning toward a trip to Woodburn... not exactly high on Sean's list of favorite things to do. Then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that if I was going to drive that far to get to Woodburn and the outlet mall, we really should go to the temple because it's not that much farther. Well, then, if we were going to try to make it to the temple, we may as well try to make the 12pm chapel session/12:30pm endowment session for our ward temple day. Sean and I talked it over and started making plans... but what to do with Ethan?? We hate leaving him here all day because it's pretty much a guarantee that with drive-time, Temple time and grab-a-quick-bite-to-eat time, we are usually gone most of the day unless we leave at the bum-crack of dawn. I prefer not to leave at the bum-crack of dawn. It's much too early. Other options?? We thought of having my sister or uncle Tory come with us and watch Ethan on temple grounds while we were inside, but both ended up being busy. Hmmm.... Well, we were determined to go! At the very last minute (as in, the night before) we called up grandma Sandy and grandpa Chuck to see if they were available and willing to watch our little munchkin while we were gone and they agreed!!!
So...
We dropped Ethan off in Junction City at about 10am and continued on north to the Temple. It was a long-overdue visit and I am SO HAPPY we went! The stress and anxiety of getting there (and getting there on-time for our ward session) was well worth it. I love going to the temple and I really enjoyed being able to go with Sean. It was nice, too, to have the drive there and back to just talk to each other and enjoy one another's company without having to try and keep the little one in the backseat entertained and well-fed. We stopped for a late lunch and then headed to Woodburn on the way home. We found something for everyone! New (on sale!) Nike shoes for Ethan, some jeans for Sean and a new white cardigan for me. Our last stop was Harry & David for some Moose Munch (for us and the dads).
Meanwhile...
Ethan had quite the day with his grandparents! Grandpa Chuck brought out the toy semi-truck he had found at a garage sale (paid $1!!!) for Ethan to play with. Ethan was in heaven! According to grandma he pretty much played with that thing (loading and unloading it with matchbox cars and driving it all around the house) all day. They also took a trip to Jerry's for a new faucet and on the way home spotted a petting zoo! Ethan got to see/pet some goats and alpacas, hold a baby pig and feed some ducklings. Ethan loves animals, especially farm animals because those are the ones he can identify really well, so I know he must've just loved this!
And that's pretty much it!
Sorry, no pictures. But, if you want to see some recent pictures, check out our garden post below... it could seriously use some more comment love! ;)
THANK YOU to Gramma Sandy and Grampa Chuck for watching Ethan for us!! Sean and I really appreciated our trip to the temple and I know Ethan loved spending time with you.
June 20, 2009
It was a good day.
Last week (mid-week) I was thinking of weekend/Saturday plans for us and was leaning toward a trip to Woodburn... not exactly high on Sean's list of favorite things to do. Then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that if I was going to drive that far to get to Woodburn and the outlet mall, we really should go to the temple because it's not that much farther. Well, then, if we were going to try to make it to the temple, we may as well try to make the 12pm chapel session/12:30pm endowment session for our ward temple day. Sean and I talked it over and started making plans... but what to do with Ethan?? We hate leaving him here all day because it's pretty much a guarantee that with drive-time, Temple time and grab-a-quick-bite-to-eat time, we are usually gone most of the day unless we leave at the bum-crack of dawn. I prefer not to leave at the bum-crack of dawn. It's much too early. Other options?? We thought of having my sister or uncle Tory come with us and watch Ethan on temple grounds while we were inside, but both ended up being busy. Hmmm.... Well, we were determined to go! At the very last minute (as in, the night before) we called up grandma Sandy and grandpa Chuck to see if they were available and willing to watch our little munchkin while we were gone and they agreed!!!
So...
We dropped Ethan off in Junction City at about 10am and continued on north to the Temple. It was a long-overdue visit and I am SO HAPPY we went! The stress and anxiety of getting there (and getting there on-time for our ward session) was well worth it. I love going to the temple and I really enjoyed being able to go with Sean. It was nice, too, to have the drive there and back to just talk to each other and enjoy one another's company without having to try and keep the little one in the backseat entertained and well-fed. We stopped for a late lunch and then headed to Woodburn on the way home. We found something for everyone! New (on sale!) Nike shoes for Ethan, some jeans for Sean and a new white cardigan for me. Our last stop was Harry & David for some Moose Munch (for us and the dads).
Meanwhile...
Ethan had quite the day with his grandparents! Grandpa Chuck brought out the toy semi-truck he had found at a garage sale (paid $1!!!) for Ethan to play with. Ethan was in heaven! According to grandma he pretty much played with that thing (loading and unloading it with matchbox cars and driving it all around the house) all day. They also took a trip to Jerry's for a new faucet and on the way home spotted a petting zoo! Ethan got to see/pet some goats and alpacas, hold a baby pig and feed some ducklings. Ethan loves animals, especially farm animals because those are the ones he can identify really well, so I know he must've just loved this!
And that's pretty much it!
Sorry, no pictures. But, if you want to see some recent pictures, check out our garden post below... it could seriously use some more comment love! ;)
THANK YOU to Gramma Sandy and Grampa Chuck for watching Ethan for us!! Sean and I really appreciated our trip to the temple and I know Ethan loved spending time with you.
4 comments:
This is so happy!!
Jenn....I heard Jon and Kate split up!
ARE YOU OKAY?!!! ;)
Temple dates are definitely our favorite... there's nothing like getting out of the world and doing service in the temple to bring you together. Don't forget next time though that we are up here and would love to have Ethan come play while you guys go to the temple together!
And by the way... i didn't comment on the garden post because I feel guilty for not knowing anything about planting one and that kind of stuff. I am using the excuse that we have no yard or even dirt around to plant one.... don't know what i will do when we buy a house and I can't use that excuse anymore! Guess you'll have to give me a Planting a garden 101 lesson! :) Way to go on your garden though! You've got lots of veggies already!
bum crack of dawn...hee hee hee.
This has nothing to do with the post, but I have to find a way to wish Sean a happy birthday today. I went to call him and realized MY phone didn't have your guys' number in it, and Megan's phone lost all of her contacts recently so her phone didn't have it either. To top it off I don't know how, but I don't have Sean's email!! Well here it goes... Happy Birthday Sean!! Only one more year of your 20's left!
Bryan
Post a Comment