Ahhh... the month of May. My month. That's right. Since both Mother's Day and My Birthday fall during the month of May, I consider it my month. Don't worry, though... Ethan gets April for his birthday, plus Easter is 95% of the time during that month and Sean gets June for Father's Day and his birthday. It all works out, see?
Anyway, this Mother's Day started out beautifully! Sean let me sleep in and then made his super yummy waffles with a side of bacon. Mmmmm.... Plus, I was surprised with these beauties when I walked into the living room.

I heart roses!!
Accompanying those was a card from Ethan:
Accompanying those was a card from Ethan:
Also a card from Sean that played "Ain't No Woman Like The One I Got!" when opened!! and a digital keychain that I can't wait to load all my favorite pics onto!
At church, there were some wonderful talks, Sean sang a lovely duet and then the Priesthood brethren all got up to sing a song that I guess is tradition in this ward. Our Mother's Day goody bag was filled with delicious homemade chocolates. In our Primary class, we played an advanced matching game with names of mothers from the scriptures to match up with the scripture reference. Very fun!
After church, Ethan and I both napped [I was actually feeling a little sub-par] and then we had spinach/cheese ravioli with sourdough bread for dinner and relaxed the rest of the evening. This was the first Mother's Day that I got to enjoy just being at home and it was nice to not have to rush around anywhere.
Even if we are still adjusting to seeing each other so much every day... quite the change from just a year ago. But I am still new to this mothering thing. Still learning, still growing, still making mistakes. Every new stage and development of his is new for me as a parent. I am far from perfect, but I am trying.
Speaking of near perfection, I cannot forget the two most amazing moms in my life!! I count myself very blessed to have such a loving and caring mother-in-law. Even though we live two states [and a-whole-lotta miles] apart, I still value the example she has set for being a good wife, mother and grandmother [aka Nana!]. Also, I would not be the woman, daughter, sister, wife and mother that I am today if it was not for the wonderful example of my own mother. I still look to her for guidance and motherly wisdom, not too mention her patience with my "occasionally" hyper-active little boy!
In closing, a quote:
"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."
Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul
7 comments:
I'm glad that you had a good Mother's Day. I like what you said about May being your month. I feel like February is mine, with my birthday, our anniversary, and Valentine's Day :)
Wow, what a nice day...you deserve it! And I hope you had a happy birthday and weren't too sick. Yay for May!!!
What a fun day!! You were treated like a queen! Glad your month was awesome!! :)
What a sweet Mother's Day. You're husband really knows how to celebrate it! :) Jeff's birthday is May 11th sometimes it falls on Mothers day so we have to share it.
Glad you had a wonderful Mommy's day!!!
You are a REALLY good mom!!! I doubt you make very many mistakes. It would be hard to be very upset with that little blue-eyed sweetheart. :)
Ahhh, such a sweet Mother's Day post. You do have a great husband and a very special little boy!! I'm just saying... :) Your a great mom! Love you
Post a Comment