1. Waitress

Stars: 2 1/2 to 3
Rentability: Worth a look!
Overall Review: I actually recorded this onto our DVR months ago and finally watched it. I give it 2 1/2 stars for a movie in general and 3 if you're a little more into artsy, lower budget films. I thought Keri Russell did an excellent job and I loved her characters pie commentary! {Oh, and I thought this movie was R [again, recorded the edited for TV version] but I just looked it up and it was only PG-13. Just in case you were wondering.}
2. Alice in Wonderland [new version]

Stars: 2 1/2
Rentability: A one-time watcher
Overall Review: Sean and I agreed this was pretty much a once-only watch. It was... interesting. Ethan actually sat and watched a lot of it with us and he enjoyed it too. Very visually well-done. I think they normally call that cinematography, but I'm not sure with a CGI movie.
3. Nine

Stars: 2
Rentability: Uhh.... if you must
Overall Review: I gave it two stars only for the musical numbers. The movie in general was just kinda weird. Sean and I both got bored with it - I actually got up worked on some laundry, messed around online, etc. We were kinda bummed we wasted our time with it. Let me spare you the hassle - just check out the musical numbers on youtube, I'm sure they're there.
4. High School Musical 3

Stars: 2 1/2
Rentability: If you've seen the other 2, you may as well rent the last one
Overall Review: Well, Sean and I felt compelled to watch the 3rd one since we'd seen the other two. Luckily the Disney channel aired it for free, so this was another one we recorded on the DVR to watch later. Yeah, it was pretty much just like the other 2... Cutesy + catchy music + after-school-special moral to the story. At least it's a feel-good flick!
5. Valentine's Day

Stars: 3
Rentability: Worth a look!
Overall Review: Good movie! I loved all the different characters and how their stories were all intertwined. Jennifer Garner and Ashton Kutcher's characters were my favorite. And I have to say, the ending was perfect and I love Julie Roberts. Yes, I cried. It does get a bit jumbled trying to keep track of everyone, but I still liked it. Oh, and Anne Heche's character totally cracked me up!
6. Avatar
Stars: 3
Rentability: Ok, ok... watch it at least once.
Overall Review: I did NOT want to see this movie when it first came out. I thought it was way over-hyped and I am so not buying into the 3D movement. But, it was Sean's birthday and he'd been sick, so he got to pick. And, I've gotta say... I didn't not like it like I thought I would. I didn't love it, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Still kinda weird. And I didn't know that the avatars are, like, 10 feet tall but I guess it was worth a little of the hype. Still not one I would ever own.
2 comments:
ARE YOU a crazy person? Who doesn't like Avatar? Who doesn't LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE Avatar? Ok, my husband was bored the 2nd time around, but I wish I WAS an avatar. I was to be blue and live in a glow in the dark world and fly on giant dragonish birds. I love that movie. I wish I had dreams I was in that world every night. Other than that, I'm with you on all the reviews, except HSM3. That gets 4 stars for sure- but I'm one of those crazed fans.
I wanted to rent Valentine's Day but Lizzy wouldn't let me. :( We ended up not getting a movie that night, but now I think I will see it while she is on the Trek!! It's a win/win situation! :)
Post a Comment