Friday, July 9, 2010

5 years of wedded bliss

Ok, so it hasn't always been pure wedded bliss, but for the most part it has... so I'm counting that! Anyway... Married 5 years today! Can you believe it?! In some aspects it feels like just the other day, but at the same time it feels like we've always been together {in a good way!}. It's a shame I couldn't wake up next to my sweetie this morning, but alas, I am still in Oregon and he is at home in Washington. Never fear, we will see each other in a few short hours and tonight we have tickets for...With 5 years of marriage we have survived, both good & bad...
* 3 homes and 2 moves {the latest being across state borders}
* Sean's job loss last summer and the long process of job hunting and interviews
* Sean commuting 1 hour 15 minutes EACH way for work for over 4 years!!
And, of course,
* Our first child... the ever-adorable Ethan who is now 3 years old!
And, uh, that's all I can think of for now.

Here's some pictures of the big day {and the formal reception a few weeks later} for you to enjoy!

I loved my dress and this was my favorite picture spot on the LA temple grounds. I just wish it wasn't quite so shady!I love my bridesmaids!! [Left to right: Alysha (Southworth) Doan, Niki Tengan, Katie (Dutton) Feldman, me, Lizzy Lou, Cassie and Christine] The only one missing is my good friend Jenny... she was there for the wedding in LA, while my cousin Niki and friend Katie were at my Oregon reception. :) Oh, and check out how little Lizzy is! She's almost as tall as me now.

Yep, I dragged my family down the entire west coast in order to marry my sweetie in the Los Angeles LDS temple. The pay-off?! Palm trees in my wedding pics... how awesome is that?!
Oh, and my family went to Disneyland while Sean and I enjoyed our honeymoon cruise to Mexico. See, it all works out!

Anyway... Want to see more? Check out the anniversary post I did 2 years ago.


Happy Anniversary to my man.... Sean, I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm the first to comment! Yahoooooooo for the Lion King, so jelous! You guys always go see such cool shows. Lucky! :) Congrats on the (almost) wedded bliss, which is there really any one who has it completely?

Kirsten & Midge said...

Congrats guys. Lizzy does look little.

Megan and Greg said...

You are one hot mamma in all those pics. Wowsa. I can't believe you got married in LA, but what a tradition to have all of Sean's family married in the same ROOM. That's cool. It sure passes fast. Greg and I are about to hit our 5 yr in a couple months!