Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's Behind Door #4?

Three years and going strong. July 9, 2005 Sean and I were married for all time and eternity in the Los Angeles, CA LDS temple. It was, of course, a beautiful, warm summer day and with a small gathering of our family and closest friends. We had my parents and sisters; Sean's parents, sisters, brothers and their wives; my dad's parents (Chuck & Sandy Toftdahl); Sean's grandma and aunt Shari; one of my best friends, Jenny; Sean's uncle Lemont and aunt Marilyn and their kids; our friend, Matt; some close friends of Sean's parents and... the mystery couple! I didn't recognize them, so I assumed they were on Sean's side. Sean didn't recognize them and assumed they were with my family! Turns out, Sean was right. It was my 'cousin' Mitch and his wife who live in Southern California, so the Toftdahls had another couple to represent! [Actually, this is the same cousin that got us into CA Adventure for free this past January and then met up with us and had a pair of Mickey ears and a Capt. Hook's hat both with Ethan's name embroidered on them. It's good to know people who have an 'in' with Disney!] ***Warning: This is a journal entry post, so it is very long and there are LOTS of pictures!***
We got married in sealing room #2 of the LA temple, per special request from Sean. His mom and dad were sealed in that same room. Later, his step-mom and dad, and then his two older brothers and their wives were also sealed in the same room. To get to our sealing room, you have to cross through the celestial room of the temple [for those of you who aren't LDS, you wear all white in the celestial room], which meant that everyone there was dressed all in white. What a beautiful bunch!

One of my best friends, Jenny, is a return missionary. She flew in from Utah to attend the wedding as one of my bridesmaids, but because she is an endowed member, she was also able to be with me in the temple. She and my mom were very helpful in the bride's room as I got ready for the ceremony and afterwards to go outside with my new husband to greet the awaiting friends and family!
We were blessed to have two receptions (and two cakes!) - an open house in CA and a formal reception a few weeks later in OR. Our CA reception was outside, which meant we could have lit candles in hurricane glasses and we were surrounded by palm trees - absolutely gorgeous! Lynnie and her friend and their helpers did a fantastic job of decorating Bob and Diana's backyard - thanks again to all who helped!


Junior bridesmaids: Sean's sister, Cassie and my sister, Elisabeth.


With the bridesmaids: Jenny, Christine, Alysha, Cassie and Elisabeth.

With my mom - now you can see exactly where I get my smile!


The Dress. I LOVED this dress. It had great details, a beautiful (but not too long train) and emphasized my small waist (at the time!) while covering up my hips!

Husband and wife.Now, as we head into our 4th year as Mr. and Mrs. (or Bro. & Sis.!) Southworth, we look back at what we've accomplished. We love our home [a duplex for now and a definite upgrade from the trailer] and the family car we bought this last year, but most importantly, the addition of Ethan. We are so blessed as a family and we look forward to what the future has in store for us... a possible move? nursing school for me? another baby? Sean going back to school? our own home? Everything with time and we can't wait!

xoxox Happy 3rd Anniversary, Sean! I love you!! xoxox

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh you were a beautiful bride!!! It's fun to look back on it all after being married for a few years. You guys are cute and yo look happy!

I haven't seen Jenny in FOREVER! How fun that she was at your wedding!

Christi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I loved the recap.

Marsaili said...

Happy Anniversary! You both looked great and so happy that day, I'm still glad I was able to see you at the CA reception. :) Congratulations!

PS: thanks for the blog comments! ;)

The Grahams said...

Can you believe its been 3 years already?? I still have such vivid memories of our wedding day too! You look gorgeous and very happy and it was fun to see the photos since we couldn't be there on that day. Happy Anniversary!!

Christine said...

THREE years?? has it really been that long since I have been to disneyland?? lol jk I'm so happy for you and sean and ethan! I love those pictures and can't believe that elisabeth is so young!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us of an amazing day - could it have been more perfect?

P.S. Come visit Christine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a fun one!