...but not with the sound of music - at least not from me! Panting is more like it. Yesterday I took Ethan on a walk in his stroller. We live at the base of a hill and it is quite a work-out walking up those hills - especially pushing a stroller. Phew! Full-body work-out. I originally started walking up the hills back when the weather was nice a little in April. I had decided not to blog about it until I was more consistently in the habit. Good thing I didn't! The nice weather didn't last long and neither did I! May was super busy and we were gone every weekend and then I felt like it took most of June just to recover and have life a little more normal - I know, horrible excuses. Anyway, so the weather is nice (and hot!) again and my goal is to go climbing the hills at least 2-3 times a week. There's a variety of routes I can take depending on how far I want to go. I usually go a minimum of a mile or more, but there's ample opportunity to make it a good 2-3 mile work-out if I really want to - gotta work up to that, though! For this week, I've got over 1/2 a mile at the beginning that feels almost straight up - the incline should make it count as at least 3/4 mile, right?! Hopefully I can make it to the gym for some kick-boxing and weight-lifting on the other days. Now I just need to train Sean to make some healthy dinners while I'm gone - especially when I'm taking Ethan on the walks - which, by the way, he loves! Hardly a word out of him. He just watches any people that are out and we both enjoy being outside.
Eventually, if I'm consistent enough, I'd like to get one of the nice jogging strollers!

So, here it is in writing - time to keep tabs on me!
3 comments:
I love love love our jogging stroller (although we don't jog). It gives me so much more freedom to take walks and get out of the house. Here in Dallas the sidewalks aren't great everywhere. I would highly recommend getting one.
We actually found a double jogger, which works well for when friends are with us or someday when we have 2 kids. You could always look on Craigs List.
I am being a slug! Its just too hot here to do anything! Close to,if not over a 100, everyday. I go out early or late in the day and stay home the rest of the time and run up the a/c bill! That's no joke - will have to take out a loan to pay it!
wahoo! I should come do some workouts with ya! dad and I went on a bike ride yesterday...and I need to start working out so it looks like I am in shape for school again...which reminds me- i need to register!
Post a Comment